Union Bank of India provides the facility of SMS Banking to its customers, a new and innovative service that is become wildly popular in the country. SMS Banking is beneficial to customers as it provides instant notifications about any transaction carried out through their bank accounts and debit cards immediately. Customers can be up-to-date on their account activities 24/7. This helps customers to immediately be aware if there are any fraudulent transactions carried out without their authorisation.
Features and Benefits
You no longer have to stand in line at a bank or visit an ATM to check your balance and statement.
You can set SMS alerts for intimation on transactions you which would like to be aware of. SMS alerts will be sent as soon as the transaction happens.
You can get automatic updates on loan instalments that are due, deposit contribution payments and change in any interest rates.
SMS Banking is available wherever you travel and even while you are travelling.
How to Apply for Union Bank of India SMS Banking?
You can apply for SMS Banking by registering through the call center that operates 24/7. You can also visit a bank branch during work hours to register.
You need to provide your account number and debit card number.
How to use Union Bank of India SMS Banking?
To use SMS Banking, you need to know what message to send to which number to get the desired transaction carried out. Given below is a list of request SMS codes that you can send using SMS Banking:
For all codes listed below, you need to send the SMS to 09223008486.
- If you wish to block your card, you can send UBLOCK
Last four digits of your card number.
- To know your balance, send UBAL
- To know your balance on a secondary account, you can send UBAL
- For your mini statement, send UMNS
- To know the status of your cheque, send UCSR
- If your cheque is sent to a secondary account, send UCSR
cheque number Account number.
- To find the nearest Union Bank of India Branch, you can send UBRANCH
- To find the nearest ATM, you can SMS UATM
- To seed your Aadhaar number to your bank account, send UID
Account number Aadhaar number.
You can also find out your balance by giving a missed call on 09223008586.
Fees and Charges
Rs.15 is charged per quarter for this service.
Any customer of Union Bank of India who holds a savings or current account.
Union Bank of India SMS Banking FAQs
- Where can I find the registration form for SMS Banking?
- Can I link more than one account for the SMS facility?
- Do I need a smartphone to use this facility?
- Will I incur SMS charges for sending these messages to Union Bank of India?
- Can joint account holders avail this facility?
- How do I stop the SMS Banking service?
Forms are available on the bank’s website, at bank branches and at ATM outlets.
All accounts held under one customer’s name - having the same customer ID - can be linked to a single SMS facility.
No, any mobile phone can be used to avail this facility.
As per your service provider’s fees and charges, you may or may not incur a fee. For example, if your service provider charges 50 paisa per SMS you send, then you will be charged 50 paisa for the SMS you send to Union Bank of India.
Yes, all joint customers need to sign the application form to register for the facility.
You can stop the service by filling up an application form at the bank branch.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.