Introduced in the year 2009, the Aadhaar card contains the demographic and biometric data of the citizen. With the help of the 12-digit unique identification number that is displayed on the card, citizens can avail a number of subsidies and benefits rolled out by the Government of India. Now, the Government of India has mandated linking of one’s Aadhaar card to a number of services carried out by financial institutions, banks, mobile operators, etc. Citizens can link their 12-digit unique identification number either online, offline (at the bank), via SMS, or at any ATM.
How to link Aadhaar card to IndusInd Bank Savings Account Online
Citizens holding a savings account with IndusInd Bank can link their Aadhaar number online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of IndusInd Bank.
- Next, login to your official net banking account using your user ID and password.
- Once logged in, click on “Update Aadhaar card” on the bank’s homepage.
- Now, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar card unique number.
- Verify the Aadhaar card number that you have entered.
- Click on “submit” to link your Aadhaar card to your IndusInd Bank savings account.
Steps to link your Aadhaar Card to your IndusInd Bank Savings Account Offline
For customers that do not have an IndusInd Bank net banking account, they can link their account at the IndusInd Bank branch holding their savings account. They can follow the steps mentioned below.
- The first thing that the customer needs to do is to download the Aadhaar card linking form from IndusInd Bank’s homepage.
- Now, fill in all the requisite fields in the Aadhaar card linking form.
- Visit the IndusInd Bank holding your savings account with the original and one copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Once the required documents have been submitted, the bank official will hand you the form to seed your Aadhaar card number to your savings account. Enter all the required details.
- Once the bank executive verifies the document submitted, he/she will hand you back the original copy of your Aadhaar card.
- The bank executive will then hand you the lower “tear-off” portion of the application for any future reference.
- The bank will then link your Aadhaar card number to your savings account manually.
- As soon as your Aadhaar card has been linked to your IndusInd Bank savings account you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card to your IndusInd Bank Savings Account via SMS
Apart from the online and offline option, IndusInd Bank customers can also link their Aadhaar card to their savings account via SMS. To do so, they would need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To carry out the linking through SMS, customers are required to have their mobile number registered with IndusInd Bank.
- Next, customers would be required to SMS their details in the following format - AADHAAR
15 digit Bank Account Number 12 digit AADHAAR Number.
- The message will have to be sent to 56161.
- Once the Aadhaar card has been linked to the savings account, the IndusInd Bank customer will receive a confirmation message.
How to link your Aadhaar card to your IndusInd Bank Savings Account at any bank ATM
- Visit an ATM nearest to you.
- Insert your IndusInd Bank debit card.
- Once your debit card is recognised by the ATM machine, select “update Aadhaar card” under the service options.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Re-enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Click on “confirm”.
- As soon as the you click on that, the bank will send you a confirmation SMS that your Aadhaar card has been linked to your IndusInd Bank savings account.
For IndusInd Bank customers that are yet to link their Aadhaar card to their savings account, they can follow any of the above mentioned ways (online, offline, at an ATM or via SMS) to carry out the procedure. Once your 12-digit unique number is linked to your savings account, you will receive a confirmation stating the same. Note, the last day to link your Aadhaar card number to your savings account is 31 December 2017 to avoid the savings account from being frozen.