Introduced in the year 2009, the Aadhaar card contains the demographic and biometric data of the citizen. With the help of the 12-digit unique identification number that is displayed on the card, citizens can avail a number of subsidies and benefits rolled out by the Government of India. IndusInd Bank customers can link their 12-digit unique identification number either online, offline (at the bank), or at any ATM of IndusInd Bank.
How to link Aadhaar card to IndusInd Bank Savings Account Online
Customers can link their Aadhaar to their bank account by following the steps mentioned below:
- Once on the page, customers have to click on “Aadhaar” and from the drop-down list choose “link Aadhaar”.
- Enter details such as Aadhaar card, bank account number, date of birth, enter the captcha and click on “continue” to complete the linking process.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card to your IndusInd Bank Savings Account via SMS
Apart from the online and offline option, IndusInd Bank customers can also link their Aadhaar card to their savings account via SMS. To do so, they would need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- To carry out the linking through SMS, customers are required to have their mobile number registered with IndusInd Bank.
- Next, customers would be required to SMS their details in the following format - AADHAAR
15 digit Bank Account Number 12 digit AADHAAR Number.
- The message will have to be sent to 56161.
- Once the Aadhaar card has been linked to the savings account, the IndusInd Bank customer will receive a confirmation message.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.