Linking Aadhaar Card with Bank Account can have several benefits. For instance, it may act as a determinant factor for getting an LPG subsidy and many other benefits. Our Government is urging people to link their Aadhaar card with their bank accounts. A majority of people are not aware of the process to link their Aadhaar card with their bank accounts. The procedure is quite hassle-free and can be finished quickly and easily. Whether your Bank i State bank of India(SBI), HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce(OBC), Canara, or any other bank, there are few standard steps to getting the linking done. Explained below are few of the online and offline methods to connect your bank account with Aadhaar card.
There are primarily two methods to update your Aadhaar card details with your bank – Via net banking and submitting the application to your bank.
How To Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Online
Most banks these days provide the Internet banking facility which can be the easiest medium to update your Aadhaar details to your bank account. If you already have an active net banking facility, go ahead with the following steps:
- Login to your internet banking account
- After logging in, look for the link which says ‘Aadhaar Card Seeding’ or ‘Update Aadhaar Card Details’. Click the same.
- Enter your Aadhaar card details in the given fields.
- Verify your details again and click the ‘submit’ button.
- Once you submit your Aadhaar details, your bank will verify the details and process your application. You will get an SMS or email notification to confirm the update.
How To Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Through Bank’s Mobile App
You can link your Aadhaar Card to your bank account very easily if you have a smartphone and internet connection. Given below is the process you will have to follow to link your Aadhaar with your bank account:
- Download your bank’s mobile app on your phone.
- Log in to the app using your user id and password.
- Under ‘My Accounts’, under ‘Services’, you will be able to find the option ‘View/Update Aadhaar card details’.
- Enter the details of your Aadhaar and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will get a confirmation message informing you that your Aadhaar Card has been linked to your bank account.
How To Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Offline
If you do not have access to the net banking facility, you may update your Aadhaar details directly by visiting the bank. Here is the process for the same:
- Download the application form online or collect it from your bank. Fill in all the required details such as Aadhaar number, bank account number, IFSC code, address, and others.
- Submit the application form to the bank with a photocopy of your Aadhaar card. The bank executive may also want to see your original Aadhaar card at the time of verification.
- Once your details are verified, you will receive confirmation via email or SMS.
You can link your Aadhaar with your bank account following the simple offline and online methods as mentioned above. The process is not as difficult as you might think and will help you take advantage of several beneficial government schemes.
How To Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Through Bank’s ATM
You can also visit your bank’s ATM to link your Aadhaar Card to your bank account. Given below are the steps you will have to follow to successfully link your Aadhaar with your bank account:
- Visit your bank’s ATM and insert your card in the ATM machine.
- Enter your PIN and under ‘Services’ select the ‘Registration’ option.
- Select the option ‘Aadhaar Registration’.
- Select whether your account is savings or current and enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Re-enter your Aadhaar number and click on ‘OK’.
- You will receive a confirmation message informing you about your successful linking of your Aadhaar to your bank account.
How To Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Through SMS
Given below are the steps you will have to follow to link your Aadhaar to your bank account:
- Type the message in the format UID Aadhaar number Account number and send it to the number 567676.
- Once you have sent the message, you will receive a message stating that your request has been accepted.
- The bank will verify the details sent by you and if everything is correct, then the bank will approve your request and your Aadhaar will be linked to your bank account.
- Once the linking is successful, you will receive a confirmation message for the same on your registered mobile number.
How To Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Through Phone
You can now link your Adhaar to your bank account by phone by calling the bank’s IVR number. Given below are the steps you will have to follow to link your Aadhaar Card to your bank account through phone.
- Give a miscall your bank’s IVR number.
- The bank will call you back where you can select the option to link your Aadhaar to your bank account.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and confirm it.
- Once your Aadhaar is linked to your bank account, you will receive confirmation for the same on your registered mobile number.
Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account FAQs
- Can I link my Aadhaar to multiple bank accounts?
Yes, you can link Aadhaar to multiple bank accounts.
- Is it mandatory to link your Aadhaar to your bank account?
No, it is not mandatory to link your Aadhaar to your bank account. You can submit your Aadhaar as one of the KYC documents, but currently there is no provision to mandatorily link your Aadhaar to your bank account. However, it is recommended you do link your Aadhaar to your bank account.
- Will I have to pay any fee to link my Aadhaar with my bank account?
No, the process to link your Aadhaar to your bank account is completely free and hence you will not be required to pay anything to anyone.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811