The Unified Payments Interface or UPI is a payment system launched in India some time back. It allows multiple bank accounts belonging to any participating bank to be controlled via a single mobile app.
The South Indian Bank is also a participating bank for UPI Payments, with their UPI application known as SIB M-Pay.
Key Features in SIB M-Pay UPI App:
- Instant money transfer available 24x7 via any mobile device.
- Single app can be used to access multiple bank accounts.
- Security of “Single Click 2-Factor Authentication”, which combines strong security and smooth access of a payment via a single click.
- Virtual address eliminating the need of providing debit card number, IFSC, account numbers etc. providing incremental security.
- The app lets one to share bill with friends.
- Single Application Merchant Payment and easier In-App Payments.
- Registering complaints directly via the Mobile App.
How to Activate SIB M-Pay?
To activate the SIB M-Pay UPI Application the following steps have to be followed:
- Download the UPI M-Pay application of SIB from the PlayStore (not currently available at iStore).
- Once you open the app, it sends an SMS to your mobile number for verification. Make sure that your default SIM setting is set to the registered phone number if you have a dual SIMs.
- Once the SMS is received, the app displays the mobile number for which registration is being initiated. Upon confirmation, the registration is complete.
- Set up your login credentials to get started with SIB M-Pay UPI App.
- If you have activated the SIB M-Pay app earlier, you can login directly with your user ID password.
How to Create a Virtual Payment Address for your Bank Account?
VPA is part of the UPI system and you can get yours through the UPI app. The process to get a VPA is as follows:
- Download the UPI app and link it to a bank account through your mobile number. Use the mobile number which is already registered at your bank.
- You’ll have to go through a mobile verification process, after which follows another verification round. This verification can be a security question, a grid or any such authentication technique.
- Once the final authentication is done, create a VPA for the account you provided.
- Similar to getting an email address, you can choose a VPA of your choice provided it is available and has not already been taken by anyone.
- Once you provide a unique VPA, it gets approved instantly, and and this will now become your virtual payment address.
How to Transfer Money through UPI?
To send money to someone using the UPI app, you must have the VPA of that person. Follow these steps to transfer money using VPA:
- Enter your PIN and login to your UPI app.
- Select “Fund transfer through UPI” as your preferred option.
- Enter the beneficiary VPA, the amount to be transferred, and remarks.
- If you have multiple VPAs, choose the one linked with the bank account you would like to pay from and click “Submit”.
- Confirm the details and type your MPIN to validate the transaction.
How to request for mMoney through UPI?
Instead of being handed over cash or a NEFT, anyone can request to receive money via UPI. The steps to receive money using VPA are as follows:
- Download and login to any UPI-based mobile app.
- Select UPI, then click on “Collect via UPI”.
- Type the VPA address of the individual who you are requesting money from.
- Give the amount requested and add remarks.
- Choose the VPA address/account to which you need the money transferred.
- Submit details requested and await approval from the other end.
- Once approved by the individual you are requesting money from, the amount gets credited to your chosen account.
How to Set MPIN through UPI?
To successfully send and receive money over the UPI app, a user needs to first set an MPIN for the account from which the transaction is to take place. Following is the process to set up an MPIN:
- In the UPI app, select the option to set MPIN.
- Then choose the account for which the MPIN needs to be set.
- The UPI app will generate an OTP (one-time password) to check the validity of the request.
- Once the OTPOPT is sent, the user will have to enter their card credentials along with the OTP received on their registered mobile number.
- Once the details are validated, the user can set an MPIN of their choice for the account selected.
SIB UPI Queries
For any queries related to SIB-UPI, customers can contact the South Indian Bank for further information, via the following means:
- By contacting their nearest SIB branch.
- By calling the toll free number 1800 425 1809.
- By mailing to the customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.