To provide customers with the convenience of banking from the comfort of their home or office, South Indian Bank (SIB) has begun offering their services online via their internet banking website. SIBerNet is the new and revolutionary internet banking service introduced by South Indian Bank which basically enables customers to access a variety of banking services online, from the comfort of their house or office, without having to personally visit the bank branch and wait in queues. Users can access the website round the clock, 365 days a year and even when they may be travelling.
Via SIBerNet, there is a wide range of banking related actions that customers can carry out easily from any corner of the world. For instance, customers can transfer funds electronically not only to another SIB account but also to another non-SIB account, pay utility bills (water, electricity, broadband), make payments for online purchases, pay insurance premiums, loan EMIs, make credit card payments, make mutual fund payments, obtain information on different types of accounts offered by the bank, among several other things.
There is a wide range of services which customers can avail on the SIBerNet internet banking service. Listed below are the various categories.
- View all details of all your accounts held with SIB such as savings account, deposit account, loan account, etc.
- View a mini statement of your account.
- You can view, save and print the pass-sheet from any of your active accounts for any time period.
- Request for an enquiry about the status of your cheque you have issued.
- Make a lien inquiry.
- Enquire about the status of the nominee named in your account.
- Inquire about the interest rates applicable for Deposit Accounts.
- Take a print out of the Pass-sheet of any of your loan accounts for any duration.
- View details of Flexi Fixed Deposit linkage.
- Easily transfer funds between any of your active SIB accounts.
- Transfer funds to other active SIB accounts.
- Transfer funds securely to non-SIB accounts via NEFT or RTGS.
- Make payments for online purchases and pay utility bills with ease.
- Recharge your prepaid mobile or DTH connection easily and conveniently.
- Transfer funds to an SIB Loan account.
- Transfer funds into a Recurring Deposit account.
- Make direct or indirect tax payments easily via internet banking.
- Set standing instructions.
- Request for a new cheque book or a Demand Draft.
- Open a deposit account online.
- Request for stopping payment on a cheque.
- Request for a simulation of pre-closure of your loan or deposit account.
- Register for mobile banking via SIBerNet.
- Link your Aadhaar number with your bank account easily.
- Request to have your transaction limit for daily fund transfers increased.
- Place a request from the internet banking site to have your debit card blocked online.
- Easily change the 2-factor authentication mode for your account.
- Request an inquiry into the transaction limit set.
- Personalize your fund transfer limit.
- Easily apply for IPO subscription.
- Easily change your banking User ID.
The message center is a part of your online SIB account which allows you to securely send instructions and receive messages from your concerned Relationship Manager.
- With the help of internet banking, you can choose to receive alerts from the bank’s system about all your account related activity.
- Receive timely alerts for deposits which may be about to mature, loan repayments due, low balance in your account, etc.
- Receive regular alerts regarding fraud risk management.
SIBerNet allows users to easily personalize their accounts. Users can choose to put a nick name for their different SIB accounts for easier identification. One can also change the date and amount format set in the account for display. Account passwords can also be changed.
The SIBerNet internet banking site offers deposit and loan modelling tools so customers can make more informed credit or investment related decisions.
- The SIBerNet website employs highly advanced Second factor authentication and Digital Certificate from Verisign (offering 128-bit encryption), to ensure complete security of high value transactions.
- The SIBerNet website is fully compliant with Global Standards in terms of implementation of multiple layers of security features such as antivirus and firewalls.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.