South Indian Bank offers a basic deposit account that does not require a minimum balance to open the account or no charges to re-activate the account either. South Indian Bank has not restricted the number of deposits you can make in a month. Also, you can make up to 4 withdrawals on a monthly basis, including ATM withdrawals.
Features and Benefits of the Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account from South Indian Bank
- The Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) from South Indian Bank offers exciting interest rates ranging from 3.5% p.a. to 7% p.a. on deposits.
- For South Indian Bank customers, they can carry out banking facilities at any branch across the country.
- Free cheque book with 10 cheque leaves is granted on opening the account. Additional cheque books will be issued on request basis.
- Free ATM?debit card?when opening the account.
- BSBDA can make nominations. The nominee should preferably be a close relative of the account holder.
Eligibility for the Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account from South Indian Bank
- Should be a resident of India.
- Should be over the age of 18 years.
- Should have valid KYC documents when applying to open the account.
Documents required to open the Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account from South Indian Bank
- Identity proof as per KYC norms - Aadhaar card, Passport, Voter’s ID, etc.
- Address proof as per KYC norms - Voter’s ID, driver’s license, Passport, etc.
- Customer who wish to apply for the Advantage Savings Account from Bandhan Bank can access the application form at the nearest bank branch or download the form from the bank’s official page.
How do I open a BSBDA from South Indian Bank?
You can apply to the account on the listed channels:
- Either call the bank’s toll-free number+91 33 6633 3333 OR 1800 258 8181 and request for the opening of the BSBDA from South Indian Bank.
- You can also open the account online on the South Indian Bank official website.
- For further queries contact branch officials in the nearest South Indian Bank branch.
What are the different channels to access my BSBDA from South Indian Bank?
All you have to do is to submit a request of PAN updation to the nearest bank branch. You will also have to carry your government approved documents and a copy of your PAN card.
What are the steps to update my PAN with the bank?
All that you have to do is to submit a request of PAN updation to the nearest bank branch. You will also have to carry your government approved documents and a copy of your PAN card.
How do I update my mobile number and email ID with the bank?
You can either do the whole process online once you have logged into your account. Alternatively, you can download the updation form online and submit it at the nearest South Indian Bank branch.
How do I update my new address with the bank?
With the online banking service, the whole process of address updation can be done online once you have logged into your account. Otherwise, you can download the form and submit it with your current address at the nearest South Indian Bank branch.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.