Internet Banking and Mobile Banking are revolutionising the way people do banking in India. The pains and challenges that the traditional banking is plagued with can be overcome using the digital channels. While people in the country are getting accustomed to online banking, there are certain things they must keep in mind to ensure their safety and security while they transact over Internet. Listed below are some important tips to help you be more vigilant while you make or receive payments and share personal or financial details online.
Safety Tips To Remember for Mobile Banking
- Register for SMS notifications from your bank. SMS Alerts may help you keep a track of your transactions and detect any unusual or unauthorised transaction.
- Set a strong Pin/password to access your mobile device and clear junk messages regularly.
- Do not click on a URL link received in a text message if you are not sure about its authenticity.
- Clear browsing history and other personal data if you need to share your device with anyone or give it for repair.
- Clear temporary files and cache at regular intervals as it may also contain your personal and financial data.
- If your mobile device gets stolen, get your mobile banking application blocked by your bank. You may get it unblocked once you recover your lost phone or buy a new one.
- Personal information and debit card/credit card details, CVV, or PIN numbers should not be saved in your mobile device.
- Install a mobile anti-virus/anti-malware and update the same from time to time.
- Update all mobile applications including browsers with latest upgrades and security patches.
- Avoid saving user IDs or passwords in any website or application. Disable auto-fill for better protection.
- Security features can be enhanced by enabling location tracking, remote wipe and encryption.
- Switch off wireless services such as WI-FI, GPS when not in use.
- Avoid using free, unsecured, or public Wi-Fi networks.
- Never use ‘rooted’ or ‘jailbroken’ mobile devices for net banking.
- Never download mobile applications from third-party websites. Use official application stores such as Apple iTunes, Google Play Store, OVI Store amongst others for the purpose.
- Personal account information or mobile banking credentials should not be shared via email or text message.
- Logout immediately from mobile banking application or internet banking account after the transaction is completed. Also close the window of your browser.
- Hide your confidential information while typing your account details or password on your device in public places.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.