Kotak Money Watch
Kotak Money Watch is an expense management tool offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank, which allows you to have a better control over your finances. From viewing your monthly expenses to setting budgets, Kotak Money Watch allows a wide range of functions. So, to manage your finances in a more effective way, you can link the tool to your Kotak account and credit card.
Features of Kotak Money Watch
- Allows you to categorize your expenses each month
- You can categorize your income as well
- You can keep a track of the cash you stock in hand
- Allows you to filter transaction details based on the amount, date, type of transaction, etc.
- You can monitor your spending pattern and know whether you are overspending or underspending
Things to know about Kotak Money Watch
- It’s a free service offered by the Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Doesn’t require a setup and works automatically
- You don’t have to categorize your transactions manually
The Cash Register
Cash Register is a feature in Money Watch that helps you in keeping a track of cash that you have withdrawn from ATMs. Furthermore, the ‘Receive’ section of this finance management tool displays the amount that has been withdrawn and the ‘Expense’ section shows how and where you have spent that amount. There’s another section called ‘Cash in Hand’ which gives you an idea of the cash left with you. This particular section needs to be updated manually.
With Money Watch, you will be able to set your monthly budgets for each category. Go to the budgets section and select configure budget. Based on your recent transactions, a few categories will show up in your default view. You can also filter the categories depending on your priorities. The budget section offers the following features:
- Displays pie charts of transactions for the last three months
- The pie chart represents spent, excess, and the allocated budget
- Spent vs Budget graph will take into account only the transactions for the previous month
- The budget tracker also allows you to monitor the performance of your budget for a period of six months
To set a particular budget for all coming months, the user has to first set a budget for the current month without altering budgets for the future, for any of the categories. If a user makes changes to the future monthly budgets, then the current budget will not be populated by automatically.
Kotak Money Watch FAQs
- What are the charges for availing the Money Watch service?
It is a free service offered by Kotak Mahindra bank to help customers with finance management.
- What are the benefits of using Money Watch?
- It helps you set a predictable financial target. Your everyday monetary statistics, right from your expenses to your salary is made available to you
- Allows to keep monthly budget goals for all your categories
- Gives you a clear picture of your spending habits
Retail customers who maintain accounts with Kotak Mahindra or have credit cards can use Money Watch.
The Money Watch supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 8
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
Money Watch is a part of Kotak Mahindra Bank’s internet banking facility and it has the same security features offered by other online services of the bank.
You can always change the categorizations based on your preferences.
If your system does not recognize a transaction, it will be shown as uncategorized. However, you are free to assign a category yourself and use it for future transactions.
Yes the online accounts linked to Money Watch get refreshed on a regular basis.
No, you cannot file taxes using Money Watch. To file taxes, login to your internet banking account and visit the e-tax page.
The transactions and their descriptions are based on the mode of payment. For example, a regular fee, cheques, deposits, etc. It can also be the name of the business or person that makes payments to you.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.