Kotak Mahindra has steadily grown into one of India's most dependable banks. The salary account is one of the services that Kotak Mahindra Bank provides to its corporate clients. The bank offers four different corporate salary accounts, each with unique features and perks tailored to the needs of the potential customer. The salary accounts offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank differ depending on the monthly remuneration of the account client. The Edge Salary Account is one of the salary accounts offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank to its customers.
One of the services that Kotak Mahindra Bank offers its corporate customers is the salary account. The bank has 4 variants of the corporate salary account, each having features and benefits that would be best suited for the potential customer. The salary accounts that Kotak Mahindra Bank offers vary based on the account holder’s monthly remuneration. One of the salary accounts that Kotak Mahindra Bank offers its customers is the Edge Salary Account.
To be eligible to hold the Kotak Mahindra Edge Salary Account, the applicant must have a net monthly income of at least Rs.20,000.
To open an Edge Salary Account, the applicant should submit the following documents:
- Proof of address
- Proof of identity
- Signature proof
Features and benefits to account holders
- The Edge Salary Account is a zero-balance account and does not require the account holder to maintain a specific amount in their account each month. However, the benefit of maintaining a zero-balance account is entirely dependent on the salary credits made to the account.
- Account holders can earn interest up to 6% p.a. on the deposits made to their savings account.
- The bank provides its internet banking facilities free of charge.
- Account holders are provided with a Classic debit card that has a daily cash withdrawal limit of Rs.40,000 at domestic ATMs and Rs.50,000 at international ATMs. Additionally, account holders have a daily shopping limit of Rs.2 lakh.
- Edge Salary Account holders can avail instant home loans from the bank. Furthermore, they can avail these home loans at preferential interest rates and a waiver on processing fees.
- Account holders have the option of opening a ‘Trinity Account’—a 3-in-1 account that combines a Savings account, Trading account, and Demat account.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank allows account holders the option of booking fixed deposits and recurring deposits online.
- The bank has customer service executives available to account holders 24/7 to resolve any issues that they might have. The bank also has an IVR option for customers who prefer to resolve their queries on their own.
- Account holders have the advantage of making payments for utility bills through the bank’s AutoPay facility.
- With an Edge Salary Account, account holders can have their reimbursement account linked to the salary account.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank also provides Edge Salary Account holders with a host of credit cards to choose from.
- The bank provides account holders with a Netc@rd--a virtual card through which online transactions can be carried out securely.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank offers Edge Account Holders can redeem or purchase mutual funds through the free investment account offered by the bank.
- Account holders are also provided with insurance covers from the bank. The bank provides an insurance cover up to Rs.2 lakh for personal accidents that result in the death of the account holder. Account holders also receive protection up to Rs.2 lakh as lost card liability. Additionally, customers also have purchase protection up to Rs.50,000.
Benefits to employers
- The bank provides employers with multiple options to make salary credits. Kotak Mahindra Bank has a separate internet banking facility for corporates in addition to branch network and NET IT—the web-based module.
- The bank provides employers with InstaKits that can be used to open employee reimbursement accounts along with the salary account.
- Employers are also provided with a single point of contact for services such as the New Pension System, corporate credit cards, Kotak’s car lease program, NR accounts and corporate funding.
As seen above, the salary accounts offered by Kotak Mahindra Bank benefit both the employer and the employee. An added benefit to the salary accounts is the convenience at which they can be set up and accessed.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811