Based in Mangaluru, Karnataka Bank Ltd. is one of the leading banking institutions in India. This bank has been designated as an A1+ class scheduled commercial bank by the Reserve Bank of India. Currently, Karnataka Bank has more than 738 bank branches and 1,334 ATMs spread across 21 states and 2 union territories of India.
To create additional delivery channels for the customers, Karnataka Bank has introduced the KBL mobile banking service. Gone are the days when customers used to stand in long queues to deposit money into their loved ones account. These days online fund transfer using mobile banking service is popular and is helping customers save a lot of time. Customers are able to carry out a wide range of banking functions from the luxury of their home using this service.
Services offered by KBL mobile banking service
- Balance enquiry
- Loan account enquiry
- Request for a mini statement
- Check cheque status
- Get IFSC code of a bank
- Acquire customer care details
- Change primary account
- Request stop payment on cheque
- Request new cheque book/debit card/debit card PIN/new account/fixed deposit
- Transfer funds
- Create/manage/generate MMID
- Locate the nearest ATM or bank branch
- Book flight tickets
- Recharge mobile/DTH
- Pay utility bills
How to register for KBL mobile banking service?
- Customers will have to visit their respective base branch to register for Karnatka Bank mobile banking service.
- The bank branch will receive the mobile banking application and will activate the facility if the customer meets the KYC norms set by the bank.
- Upon successful registration, a mobile banking user ID and mobile banking pin(MPIN) will be sent to the customer’s registered mobile number via SMS.
- Customers will have to login using the credentials from their registered handset to activate mobile banking service.
- The activation process will be completed after the bank validates the details online.
How to Login to Karnataka Bank’s Mobile Banking App
You will have to follow the steps given below to log in to the Karnataka Bank mobile banking app:
- Download the Karnataka Bank mobile app to your phone.
- Register yourself by providing your mobile number. A One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your mobile phone, which you will have to enter.
- Set an mPin of 4-digits which you will use for login purposes. It is important to ensure you do not share this number with anyone.
Using internet banking
You can use your net banking credentials to log in to the Karnataka Bank mobile app.
Using finger print
You can visit the ‘User Profile’ section on the app to enable finger print login. You can use your finger print to directly login to the mobile app.
How to Reset mPin
In case you forget the mPin, you can reset your mPin by creating a new one. The process to reset your mPin is given below:
- Open the Karnataka Bank mobile banking app
- Under the ‘ENTER MPIN’, you will find the ‘Forgot MPIN?’ option. Click on it.
- You can then create a new mPIn for yourself and use it to log in to the mobile banking app.
List of Mobile Apps under Karnataka Bank
|KBL Mobile Plus||
|Bhim KBL UPI||
Karnataka Bank Mobile Banking Service FAQs
Would I be able to access the KBL mobile banking service when I travel abroad?
No. Unfortunately, you cannot use the KBL mobile banking service when you are travelling abroad.
Should I pay a fee to activate the KBL mobile banking service?
Currently, the KBL mobile banking service is offered free of cost.
How can I get the MMID/MMIDs for my account/accounts?
You can send a SMS to 9880654321 to get the MMID for your account. You can just type MMID and send it to the phone number mentioned.
Can I use KBL mobile banking service if I change my phone number?
You will have to contact the bank and submit an application if you change your phone number.
What should I do if I lose my mobile phone?
Please walk into the nearest bank or call the customer care and inform them that you have lost your phone. Request the bank to deactivate your mobile number from the mobile banking database.
Can I use the KBL mobile banking service from any mobile handset?
You should have a smartphone to access the KBL mobile banking service. All Android/Windows/Apple phones support the KBL mobile banking service.
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.