The ICICI Bank inducted the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) with the bank’s existing mobile apps. The mentioned UPI is now available within the Pockets and iMobile app. The transfer of funds between customers and ICICI Bank has been made easier by using the UPI.
UPI is a safe channel to use when transferring funds. This mode of fund transfer does not divulge any information related to your bank account such as account number, IFSC code, etc. UPI is a simple and fast mode of fund transfer. The cost of this facility is negligible and customers generally do not think twice when opting for this feature. A customer can either use the UPI method or ICICI Bank UPI app for the transfer of funds. Pockets is exclusive to anyone who wishes to make a fund transfer while iMobile is made exclusively for ICICI Bank customers.
Download and Registration of iMobile
The iMobile app is available for download on Google Play Store which is available on all smartphone devices. You will have to follow the following steps after the download of the app has been completed:
- You will have to provide your registered mobile number with ICICI Bank when you open the iMobile app for the first time.
- This iMobile app will then acquire the details related to your account by using the mobile number that you have provided. The app shall send an authentication SMS to your mobile number. You will have to verify your account with this SMS.
- After your mobile has been authenticated, you will see details related to your bank account on your mobile screen. You can also see all linked accounts from which you will have to select an account to proceed.
- Once this is done, the iMobile app shall ask you to verify the grid numbers on the back of your ATM card.
- You can protect your iMobile app my setting a 4-digit PIN.
This procedure has to be followed only once and the authentication process will not be followed every time you open the app.
UPI App Fund Transfer by ICICI Bank
This is the simplest method that a customer can employ when it comes to the transfer of funds. A customer will have to create a Virtual Payment Address (VPA). This acts as an address instead of an IFSC code and bank account number. It is similar to an email address ad you can select its prefix. A customer can use alphabets or numbers or even both.
To register for Virtual Payment Address (VPA), a customer will have to follow the steps listed below:
- Unlock and access your iMobile app by using the 4-digit PIN
- Select “Create Virtual Payment Address”
- Choose a linked account if there is more than one ICICI Bank savings account
- Assign a desired prefix according to the customer’s choice
- Once this is done, the customer will have to check the availability of the VPA provided
- Once this is done, the customer will have to check the options that would make the chosen account as a default for making and receiving payments. This option is provided if the customer has more than one ICICI Bank account
Transactions using the UPI Method
A customer will have to follow the steps listed below to make a transaction using the UPI Method:
- You will have to go to visit the “Home Page” of the iMobile App and select “Fund Transfer”.
- There are a number of options provided for fund transfer and the customer should chose “UPI” under the same.
- Once this is done, the customer will see a number of transaction options such as “Pay to Virtual Payment Address”, “Pay to Account Number”, “Collect from Virtual Payment Address” etc.
- Select the VPA that you intent to send money too. Once this is done, you will have to choose the option that your desire by clicking on the dropdown.
- You will then have to enter the amount that you wish to transfer along with the remarks. Submit the same.
- Once this is done, you will get the confirmation page which would have all the details of the transaction that you are about to make. You, as a customer, can make any desired change to rectify any errors that may be present.
- Once you have given your final approval to the transaction, the money will get transferred to the account that you have selected. The beneficiary to this transaction shall receive a confirmation SMS instantly.
Money can be transferred to any desired bank account of your choice by using the UPI. This mode of payment removes any need to carry large amounts of hard cash around therefore making this mode a lot safer and secure.