ICICI Bank is one of the leading Indian multinational banks in India. Headquartered in Mumbai, ICICI Bank offers a wide range of financial products at affordable prices. The bank has over 4,450 branches and 14,000 ATMs across the country. With their innovative products and excellent customer service, they have managed to capture millions of customers across the globe. Currently, ICICI Bank is the largest private sector bank. Promoted in the year 1994, this Indian financial institution has launched many well-designed financial products. Recently, they have introduced a creative financial product called Pockets.
What is ICICI Pockets?
Pockets is a mobile app launched by ICICI Bank that enables the users to send money to any email ID, phone number, facebook user, or bank account. This app uses a customer’s Facebook credentials to login and makes banking fun and social. It is designed to offer the convenience of banking on Facebook. For now, Pockets is available only for Apple and Android mobile phones. You don’t have to be an ICICI Bank account holder to download Pockets. This mobile wallet can be downloaded from the Google Play Store by anyone.
Pockets is a digital banking service that uses a virtual Visa card which helps users to transact on any website or mobile application in India. Apart from transferring and requesting for funds, users can also recharge their mobile, book movie tickets, and pay bills using this app. Currently, the app has two products that are functioning, namely the Universal Wallet and Savings Account. ICICI Bank is going to launch other features on this app soon. The app will also have a built-in support chat feature which the customers can use to solve any problems they face. Listed below are some of the things a user can do with Pockets:
- Get the summary of all your products and services with the bank(savings account, credit card, or demat account)
- Check account balance
- Request for a new/upgraded debit card
- View the last 10 transactions
- Get your credit card information like your balance due and credit limit
- Get credit card statements
- Pay utility bills
- Apply for fixed deposits
- Open a recurring deposit
- Request for a new cheque book
- Place a stop-cheque request
- Apply for an e-statement
How to register for this app
- To install Pockets, log into your Facebook account and search for ICICI Bank.
- Choose “Pockets by ICICI Bank” and register.
- You will be asked to grant permissions for completing your registration successfully.
- Please grant permission for all the questions.
- Once you have granted permission, you will see the application main page.
- Click on the “Register Now” button.
- Once you click on “Register Now”, you will be asked for your debit card number and your ATM PIN.
- Once you enter your debit card number and your ATM Pin, you will be asked to set your password.
- Please set your 4-digit numeric password.
- In case of a joint account, you will be asked to enter your internet banking user ID.
How secure is ICICI Pockets
Security is very important when it comes to online banking. ICICI Bank has left no stones unturned when it comes to the safety of their customers. Pockets is a very safe application one can use to carry out their banking activities because:
- All the transactions made via Pockets take place on ICICI Bank’s secured server and not through Facebook.
- Your account will be registered only after you provide your debit card number and debit card PIN which means no one else can access your Pockets account.
- ICICI Pockets is protected by a 4-digit numerical password created by you during registration which is not the same as your Facebook password.
- For additional security, every time you make a transaction, a unique One Time Password(OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- No information will be posted on your Facebook timeline without your permission.
ICICI Pockets FAQs
- Are there any charges for registering to Pockets app?
No. There are no charges for registering and using the Pockets app.
- Whenever I try to login to Pockets app, I get a not-error. What should I do?
You will get a not-error if you are using Internet explorer to log in to Pockets app. Please follow the below mentioned steps in case you get the error:
- Open a new browser
- Click on the “Tools” option
- Select “Internet options” and “Privacy Tab”
- Click on the “Advanced” button
- Once you click on the “Advanced” button, a small window will pop up
- In the small window, please tick the checkbox for “Override automatic cookie handling”
- First party cookies should be ticked as “Accept”
- Also, accept third-party cookies
- Tick the checkbox for “Always allow session cookies”
- Try logging into your Pockets app account now
- I have forgotten my password. How can I reset it?
You will have an option called “Forgot Password” on the login page. If you have forgotten your password, please click on the “Forgot Password” link and reset it. Please note that you will be asked to enter your debit card details for authentication.
- I got an upgraded debit card recently, can I use this new card to access my Pockets account?
Unfortunately, you cannot use two debit cards at the same time on Pockets. If you want to use your upgraded debit card, please unsubscribe your old debit card from Pockets using the “Unsubscribe” option on the login page. Once you unsubscribe your old debit card, you will be allowed to registered your upgraded debit card.
- Can I transfer money to any friend who has an active ICICI Bank account?
You can transfer money to any friend who has an active ICICI Bank account only if you have added them as payee in your ICICI Bank Internet Banking Account. However, you can transfer fund to friends without registration using Pay a Friend Service.
- What is Pay a Friend facility?
Pay a Friend Facility is a service offered by ICICI Bank that allows you to transfer funds to your friends without their account details like account number, bank branch, or IFSC Code. Using this feature, you will be able to create an electronic coupon that can be redeemed by your friend later on by logging into the ICICI Bank website.
- How do I redeem an electronic coupon that my friend sent?
If you have received an electronic coupon from your friend, please visit ICICI Bank’s website to redeem it. Once you visit the website, please choose the “Redeem Coupon” option. Read the terms and conditions and click on “Proceed” and your coupon will be redeemed.
- Once I have redeemed my coupon, how long will it take for the money to be credited to my account?
You will get the amount credited to your bank account instantly if you are redeeming the coupon into your ICICI Bank account. If you are redeeming your coupon into any other bank account, the amount will be credited in one working day.
- Can I pay any of my bills through this App?
You can pay only those bills which you have registered on your ICICI Bank Internet Banking Account.
- I am not able to open or see the Pockets app in my Facebook account. What should I do?
For security purposes, you will not be able to see the Pockets app if secured browsing is not enabled in your Facebook account. To enable secure browsing, go to Account setting >Security >Enable Secure Browsing.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.