HSBC Internet Banking service helps you in accessing your credit card and bank accounts online. The service is available 24/7 and, if needed, can be connected to from the comfort of your home. It is also possible to access the netbanking service from a different country.
Key features of HSBC Internet Banking
The Internet Banking facility from HSBC is easy, quick, and secure. You can perform a wide range of transactions, such as fund transfers, utility bill payments, viewing e-statements, etc. Some of the key features of this facility are detailed below:
- You can view your bank account details or credit card balance at your convenience.
- The online banking facility enables you to transfer funds within HSBC accounts, as well as to other bank accounts in the country.
- You can create fixed deposits and manage these accounts as well.
- Services can be availed without spending time at the bank branch.
- You can pay your credit card dues, insurance premiums, and utility bills online.
- You can request for demand drafts and cashier’s orders, free of any charges. At the bank branch, a cashier’s order is charged at a minimum of Rs.100 for an amount up to Rs.1 lakh. The charge is 0.1% of the value for amounts greater than Rs.1 lakh. Demand drafts at bank branches are charged at 0.3% of the draft value.
- You can raise requests for e-statements of your credit card and bank account. You can even create an archive of your e-statements and store them for future needs. This service is available free of any charges.
- The HSBC internet banking facility enables you to buy, redeem, and switch between your mutual funds online.
- Stopping cheques, redeeming bonus reward points, and ordering new cheque books are some of the other facilities offered by netbanking.
- You can specifically apply for a Security Device that is portable, simple to use, and protects against frauds. The application can be done online, once you have registered for the netbanking service.
- HSBC offers minor accounts that can be opened by a guardian on behalf of a customer under the age of 18 years. Once the minor attains majority, the right of the guardian on the account will cease. In the case of minor accounts, only the guardian has access to the net banking facility.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.