The advent of Internet has made our lives easy in unimaginable ways. It has touched various industries including the banking and finance industry and has simplified many of the conventional, outdated procedures that the brick and mortar institutions have been following. Joining the league of banks and financial institutions that have been proactive in going digital, Citibank gives utmost priority to security and safety of customer information while they make financial transactions online. Here are some tips and tricks to help customers remain vigilant while using the digital medium for their everyday monetary dealings.
Important Tips To Remember
- Disable the ‘auto-save’ option in your web browsers so that your usernames and passwords are safe. Manually enter your credentials when you login to Citibank site.
- Ensure that your laptop or computer has the latest antivirus version installed in it. Buy or download the antivirus/antimalware application from a reliable vendor and update the same regularly.
- Update your browsers and operating system at regular intervals.
- Install a firewall and latest anti-virus application to prevent any unauthorized access to the system. Ensure maximum safety while using public WIFI connections.
- Clear your browser’s history and cache if you happen to use a shared computer after your transaction is completed.
- Always use a browser which supports a 128-bit encryption.
Etiquettes and Tips to Keep In Mind While Making Online Transactions
- Your Citibank password should be changed at regular intervals.
- Never share sensitive and confidential information unless you are on a secure website. (Check padlock icon to view the certificate)
- If you ever suspect an unauthorised activity in your savings account, inform your bank immediately.
- Do not share your Citibank online banking Password (IPIN) with anyone.
- Use a strong alphanumeric password which is not easily guessable. Never use your phone number, birthdate or any other obvious detail in your password.
- Log off immediately after you complete your transaction on Citibank Online.
- Clear your browser history and cache regularly to ensure greater data security.
- Don’t access your Citibank Online account using a shared computer or public WIFI.
- Avoid accessing Citibank Online from a public/shared computer.
- Login to Citibank Online regularly to monitor your transactions.
- Always close your device’s browser when you are done with your transaction.
- Never respond to a telephone call, text message or email asking for your personal or financial details such as username, passwords, ATM PIN, IPIN, and account number.
- Check for the padlock icon on the bar at the bottom of your browser to make sure you are on a secure page before entering any information.
- Ignore popup windows asking your personal information or account details.
- If you come across a suspicious website, close the page immediately.
- Add the bookmark of Citibank website to your browser to quickly access the site.
How To Monitor Account Activity?
- Review your account activity on a regular basis. Login to your Citibank online account every week to monitor transactions done through your account. If you find any suspicious or unauthorised transaction done from your account, report the same to Citibank customer care.
- Subscribe to SMS alerts and email alerts to get regular updates on your activity.
- Consider electronic payment modes over cheque while paying bills or making purchases. This minimises the risk of exposing your account number and other details printed on your cheque.