According to the amendments made in the PMLA rules by the Indian government, it is mandatory for all bank account holders to link their Aadhaar numbers with their bank accounts. Failing to do the same before 31st December 2017 may lead to blocking of the bank accounts.
Aadhaar seeding can bring citizens many benefits as it will allow them to receive benefits and subsidies such as pension, scholarship, MNREGA wages, LPG subsidy, loans, and more directly to their bank accounts without needing to stand in long queues at various government departments. If you have not updated your Aadhaar details in your ICICI bank savings account, here are the different ways you can do the same before the due date.
Through ICICI iMobile App
- Download iMobile app from the respective application store of your phone’s operating system > submit your mobile number to initiate the app. You may also type iMobile and send an SMS to 5676766 to receive the download link for the app.
- Login to the mobile application using a 4 digit pin or your Internet banking ID and password.
- Under ‘Services’ tab, go to ‘Instabanking Services’ > Click ‘Update Aadhaar’.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number > Click ‘Submit’.
Note: To use the iMobile app, your mobile number must be registered with the bank and GPRS/Internet accessibility should be available.
Through ICICI ATM
Insert the card > Choose language > Enter your 4-digit ATM pin > Select ‘Aadhaar Updation’ from the menu > Enter your Aadhaar card number > Press ‘Submit’.
Through Internet Banking
Login to your Internet Banking account using your User ID and password > Enter your Aadhaar card number > Re-enter your Aadhaar card number > Click ‘Submit’.
Aadhar Seeding At ICICI Bank Branch
If you do not have access to an Internet banking account, you may visit your nearest ICICI Bank branch and submit the Aadhaar seeding request. For that, you first need to obtain an Aadhaar seeding request form from the ‘May I Help You Desk’ or the lobby manager at the ICICI branch office. In the request form, fill in the required details such as Aadhaar number, account number, IFSC code, address, and other details and submit the form along with a photocopy of your Aadhaar card. Do not forget to carry your original Aadhaar card for verification.
Through Phone Banking & IVR
- Dial ICICI Bank customer support number > Choose desired language by pressing the number as instructed.
- From the instructions provided further, press 1 for ‘Banking Accounts’ and enter your ICICI bank account number followed by your PIN on the number pad of your phone.
- From the options instructed further, press 1 to update the Aadhaar number > Enter your Aadhar card number and enter 1 to confirm as instructed by the automated voice communication over the phone.
- You may get the process done by pressing 5 in the ‘Self Banking Menu’ and further pressing the instructed number to update your Aadhaar number. The same can also be done by pressing 9 and speaking to the customer care executive.