Moving in line with the Government of India’s digitisation drive, HDFC Bank has rolled out the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet app. Protected with a two-step encrypted authentication process, HDFC Bank customers can make payments instantly online, book movie and travel tickets, pay their utility bills and send money to their friends, etc. With the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet app, customers do not need to depend on card-based transactions and can enjoy secure and convenient payments for almost anything.
Features and Benefits of HDFC PayZapp e-wallet App
- Customers can start using the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet in a simple three step process.
- The HDFC PayZapp e-wallet app is linked to their HDFC bank savings account. Customers do not need to transfer money to the app to make a payment.
- Two-step authentication process. The customer’s bank details are encrypted, adding a layer of protection when making transactions.
- Customers can book movie tickets.
- Avail attractive travel deals and purchase tickets.
- Pay utility bills.
- Clear bills at restaurants and home delivery services.
- Grocery shop online and have it delivered to your doorstep.
- Pay for taxi services.
- Transfer funds to anyone having the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet app.
How to Get HDFC PayZapp e-wallet App Started
HDFC customers have to follow the steps mentioned below to get their HDFC PayZapp e-wallet app started:
- Customers have to first download the app which is available either on the Google Play Store or the Apple app store.
- Once the app is downloaded, give a missed call to 1800 833 4141.
- Now, SMS “PAYZAPP” to 5676712.
- After that, scan the QR code.
- Now, enter your registered mobile number and your HDFC bank account number.
- An authentication code will be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter the code.
- Create your PIN.
- Lastly, link your credit card or debit card either by scanning the number of the card or by scanning the card.
1. How safe are transactions made through the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet?
Transactions made through the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet are done through a two-step authentication process. The bank account details are encrypted ensuring a layer of security even if your mobile falls into the wrong hands. That said, one has to make sure that their PIN is not shared with anyone.
2. Is my private bank account data stored on my mobile handset? What if I lose my phone?
No, none of the data is stored on your mobile headset. All details are held by the bank solely. If you happen to lose your phone, immediately call the PAYZAPP hotline number 1-800-102-9426 and block your account. Ensure that your mobile SIM is blocked as well.
3. Is there a way to reset my PIN?
Yes you can reset your PAYZAPP PIN by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet homepage
- Click on “Settings”
- Choose the “change secure PIN option”.
- Enter your existing PIN
- Now, enter your new PIN
- Re-enter your new PIN
- Click on “change PIN”
By doing this, your HDFC PayZapp e-wallet PIN will be changed.
4. Is there any eligibility criteria or registration process for the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet app?
Any customer that holds an account with HDFC Bank and has either a debit or credit card is eligible to register for the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet app. HDFC Bank customers have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Download the app.
- Give a missed call to 1800 833 4141.
- SMS “PAYZAPP” to 5676712.
- Scan the QR code.
- Enter your registered mobile number and your HDFC bank account number.
- An authentication code will be sent to your mobile number.
- Enter the code.
- Create your PIN.
- Link your credit card or debit card either by scanning the number of the card or by scanning the card.
5. Where all can I use the HDFC PayZapp e-wallet app?
You can use the app at partner restaurants, partner online merchant stores, to book movie or travel tickets, to pay utility bills or to send funds to someone using the same app.