Bank of India (BOI) was formed in 1906 as a private institution but was nationalised in 1969. Today the bank has branches all over the country and a few international branches as well.
The bank offers several services to its customers, one of which includes salary accounts. The service has been developed to suit the bank’s diverse customer base. BOI offers accounts for corporate and retail customers, as well as those in rural areas. The features and requirements of each of these accounts have been developed in a manner that would best benefit the account holder.
One of the accounts that BOI offers its customers is the Saral Salary Account. The Saral Salary Account was developed specifically for employees of the State and Central Government.
- To be eligible for the Saral Salary Account, the applicant must be employed with organisations run by the state or central government, private sector or Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) employees as well.
- The applicant should have a minimum monthly income of Rs.5,000 and above.
- The organization that wishes to open an account for its employees should have a minimum of ten employees.
- Employees of PSUs and private sectors should be approved by the branch manager.
Features and benefits
- The account holder has the benefit of maintaining a zero balance in their account.
- Facilities such as internet banking, mobile banking, and the monthly account statement are provided free of charge.
- Account holders can carry out unlimited transactions at BOI ATMs.
- The BOI Saral Salary Account offers account holders the facility of knowing their account balance through a free missed call service.
- Bill payments for utilities can be done online using the bank’s internet banking facilities.
- Account holders have the benefit of availing a 50% concession on the processing fees for home loans, car loans, and personal loans.
- The bank issues 100 cheque leaves free of cost every financial year.
- Account holders can open a Star Share Trade 3-in-1 account for online share trading.
- Employees who earn a net monthly salary of Rs.10,000 and above for a minimum of six months are eligible to apply for theBOI Gold Credit Card. Employees who earn a net monthly salary of Rs.25,000 and above for a minimum of six months are eligible to apply for a Gold International Credit Card. Both credit cards are issued to the account holder free of charge.
- BOI allows its customers to file their income tax returns online on the bank’s internet banking website.
- The Saral Salary Account allows account holders to avail Term Insurance plans at attractive rates. Most of the term insurance plans provide customers with the choice of availing a policy that provides a sum assured up to Rs.5 lakh. The premiums payable for these term insurance plans are at comparatively lower rates. Applying for the term insurance plan does not require submission of any medical certificates. Additionally, account holders can apply for term insurance plans up to the age of 65.
- Account holders receive an accidental death insurance cover in the event of the account holder’s death due to a personal accident. The insurance cover is part of the Group Insurance policy purchased by the government department where the account holder is employed. The insurance cover amounts to Rs.1 lakh for death due to personal accidents.
BOI is one of the most trusted nationalised banks in the country. The services that it offers all of its customers are constantly being improved and updated.
Savings Account Popular Pages
- Savings Account
- Best Zero Balance Savings Account
- Post Office Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Savings Account
- UBI Savings Account
- Citibank Savings Account
- PNB Savings Account
- Savings Account Interest Rates
- Savings Account vs Current Account
- Zero Balance Savings Account
- Banks with Highest Interest Rates in India
- SBI Balance Enquiry
- Kotak 811