Bandhan Bank offers a Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account in which you get a debit card, a free passbook, transfer funds using the NEFT option, and withdraw from any ATM without maintaining any balance in the account. Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account also gives you the freedom to carry on your banking activities with zero bank balance. This is ideal for common people who are unable to maintain a high minimum monthly balance in the account.
- It is a zero balance account with no maximum balance limit.
- Interest can be earned as per the regular savings bank account.
- You will get a free ATM-cum-debit card which can be used to withdraw money from both Bandhan and non-Bandhan Bank ATMs.
- You will get a free passbook to track all their transactions.
- Free cheques will be given to you on request.
- You can enjoy higher transaction limits on your savings account.
- Free net banking and mobile banking facilities are available.
- You can nominate a person to take care of your assets in the event of your death.
- Bandhan Bank also offers Bill Pay Facility where you can pay your bills from the comfort of your home.
- There is no limit on the number of deposits that can be made in a month.
- A minimum of 4 withdrawals, including ATM withdrawals, can be made.
How to apply for a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
You can apply for a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account online using the bank’s website. Once you click on the “Apply Now” button, you will be asked to enter basic details such as name, email ID, and mobile number. You have to fill these details and click on the “Submit” button. Once the form is submitted, you will receive a call from an executive from Bandhan Bank who will explain the account opening process. Alternatively, you can visit the nearest Bandhan Bank branch directly and fill the account opening form and submit it to the bank officer who will guide you through the account opening process.
Documents required to open a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Deposit Account
The below-mentioned documents are required to open a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Deposit Account:
- Duly-filled account opening form
- One passport size colour photograph
- PAN card or Form 60/61 if PAN card is not available
- Identity proof such as passport/driving license/voter's ID/Photo debit/credit card
- Address proof such as passport/driving license/voter's ID/utility bill
- Birth certificate in case of a minor account holder
Fees and charges
The fees and charges applicable to Bandhan Bank’s Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account are:
|Average quarterly balance||Nil|
|Cash deposit||Up to Rs.5 lakhs free per month|
|Cheque leaves||Rs.2 per leaf|
|Debit card issuance||Nil|
|Debit card AMC charges||Nil during the first year of opening the account|
|ATM transactions in Bandhan Bank||Unlimited|
|ATM transaction in Non-Bandhan Bank||Unlimited|
|Issuance of passbook||Free|
|Issuance of annual consolidated statement||Free|
|SMS alert facility||Free|
|Debit card annual charges||Nil|
|Debit card reissuance charges||Rs.150|
|Debit card Pin re-generation charges||Nil|
|DD issuance charges||
|Duplicate DD Issuance||Rs.100 per instrument|
|DD cancellation/revalidation||Rs.100 per instrument|
|Cheque stop payment||Rs.100 per instrument Rs.300 per series|
|Duplicate passbook with current balance or with previous 400 entries||Rs.100|
|Duplicate annual consolidated statement||Rs.200|
|Additional cheque leave after the free cheque leaves||Rs.2 per cheque leaf|
|Customer induced account closing within 6 months||Rs.300|
Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) FAQs
- Can I set-up standing instructions in a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Deposit Account?
Yes, the Standing instructions facility is available in Bandhan Bank TASC Savings Account.
- How can I re-apply for an ATM/Debit card pin?
The ATM/debit card application form is available online or at any Bandhan Bank branch. You will have to fill up the form and submit it to a bank officer. After verification, Bandhan Bank will send your new PIN to your mailing address.
- Will my savings account expire if I do not use it for a long time?
If you do not use your account for more than 2 years, the account will be listed as “Dormant Account”. You cannot withdraw from the ATM or carry out any activities on net banking if the account is listed as dormant. You will have to get in touch with the bank to reactivate your TASC Savings Account.
- Will I get a chequebook with my Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account?
Yes. You will get a chequebook with your Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account upon request.
- How do I change my residential address on the bank’s records?
You will have to fill the application available online or any of the Bandhan Bank branch to change your residential address and submit it at the nearest bank branch.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.