Bandhan Bank offers a basic savings bank account in which customers get a debit card, get a free passbook, transfer funds using NEFT option, and withdraw from any ATM without maintaining any balance in the account. Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account gives the customers the freedom to carry on their banking activities with zero bank balance. This is ideal for common people who are unable to maintain high minimum monthly balance in the account.
Features and benefits of Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account
- Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account is a zero balance account with no maximum balance limit.
- Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account is eligible to earn interest as per the regular savings bank account.
- All Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account holders will get a free ATM-cum-debit card which can be used to withdraw money from both Bandhan and non-Bandhan Bank ATMs.
- Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account holders get a free passbook to track all their transactions.
- Free cheque will be given to all Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account holders on request.
- Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account holders can enjoy higher transaction limits on their savings account.
- Free net banking facility available to all Bandhan Bank customers.
- Simple, convenient, and fast mobile banking facility is available to all Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Account holders.
- At Par cheques issued by Bandhan Bank are recognised as “Local Clearing” cheques across all Bandhan Bank branches in India which eliminates DD charges which are otherwise payable by the customer.
- All Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account holders can transfer funds almost instantly through IMPS, RTGS, or NEFT option to over 65,000 bank branches in India which helps in saving cost and time.
- Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account holders can nominate a person to take care of their assets in the event of their death.
- Bandhan Bank also offers Bill Pay Facility where customers can pay their bills from the comfort of their home.
- Customers also get SMS and email alerts regarding their transactions which keeps them alert and helps them in detecting any unauthorised transaction made on the account.
- Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account can also take advantage of the 24/7 customer care facility offered by Bandhan Bank.
How to apply for a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account?
Customers can apply for a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account online using the bank’s website. Once a customer clicks on the “Apply Now” button, he/she will be asked to enter basic details like name, email ID, and mobile number. The customer has to fill these details and click on the “Submit” button. Once the form is submitted, the customer will receive a call from an executive from Bandhan Bank who will explain the account opening process. Alternatively, customers can visit the nearest Bandhan Bank branch directly and fill the account opening form and submit it to the bank officer who will guide the customer throughout the account opening process.
Documents required to open a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Deposit Account
The below documents are required to open a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Deposit Account:
- Duly-filled account opening form
- One passport size colour photograph
- PAN card or Form 60/61 where PAN card is not available
- Identity proof like passport/driving license/voter's ID/Photo debit/credit card
- Address proof like passport/driving license/voter's ID/utility bill
- Birth certificate of the minor
Fees and charges
|Average quarterly balance||Nil|
|Cash deposit||Up to Rs.5 lakhs free per month|
|IMPS/NEFT/RTGS||Up to 5 transactions free|
|Cheque leaves||Up to 500 cheque leaves free per month|
|Debit card issuance||Nil|
|Debit card AMC charges||Nil|
|ATM transactions in Bandhan Bank||Unlimited|
|ATM transaction in Non-Bandhan Bank||Unlimited|
|Issuance of passbook||Free|
|Issuance of annual consolidated statement||Free|
|SMS alert facility||Free|
|Debit card annual charges||Nil|
|Debit card reissuance charges||Rs.150|
|Debit card Pin re-generation charges||Nil|
|DD issuance charges||
|Duplicate DD Issuance||Rs.100 per instrument|
|DD cancellation/revalidation||Rs.100 per instrument|
|Cheque stop payment||Rs.100 per instrument Rs.300 per series|
|Duplicate passbook with current balance or with previous 400 entries||Rs.100|
|Duplicate annual consolidated statement||Rs.200|
|Additional cheque leave after the free cheque leaves||Rs.2 per cheque leaf|
|Customer induced account closing within 6 months||Rs.300|
Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) FAQs
- Can I set-up standing instructions in a Bandhan Bank Basic Savings Deposit Account?
Yes. Standing instructions facility is available in Bandhan Bank TASC Savings Account.
- How can I re-apply for an ATM/Debit card pin?
ATM/debit card application form is available online or at any Bandhan Bank branch. You will have to fill the form and submit it to a bank officer. After verification, Bandhan Bank will send your new PIN to your mailing address.
- Will my savings account expire if I do not use it for a long time?
If you do not use your account for more than 2 years, the account will be listed as “Dormant Account”. You cannot withdraw from the ATM or carry out any activities on net banking if the account is listed as dormant. You will have to get in touch with the bank to reactivate your TASC Savings Account.
- Will I get a chequebook with my Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account?
Yes. You will get a chequebook with your Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account upon request.
- How do I change my residential address on the bank’s records?
You will have to fill the application available online or any of the Bandhan Bank branch to change your residential address and submit it at the nearest bank branch.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.