The Flex Privilege savings account that has been introduced by ABN AMRO Bank caters to high profile customers as it has a minimum average quarterly balance of Rs.50,000. The ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account comes with an interest rate on deposits at 3.5% per annum.
Features and Benefits of ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account
- Customers can bank from anywhere on the globe through the the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account.
- Subscribers to the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account can make banking transactions and requests 365 days.
- Using the International debit card that is automatically granted when opening the account, customers can make ATM withdrawals across the globe.
- Customers can carry out banking procedures through the SMS facility.
- Through the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account, account holders can pay their utility bills, make online transactions, reservations for travel and stay and so on.
- To keep a track of their finances, customers can make e-statement requests for free.
- When opening the account, ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account holders are granted a free cheque book.
- The ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account comes with an interest rate of 3.5% per annum.
- Customers earn reward points for every transaction made through their net banking account or debit card/credit card.
- As part of the rewards program, as soon the customer opens the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account, he/she is granted 500 reward points.
- To keep a check on their finances, customers will receive customised alerts for every transaction made.
- Customers can also enjoy the convenience of the drop-box facility.
Eligibility for ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account
All citizens of India that are 18 years and above are eligible for the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account.
ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account Fees and Charges
|Category||Fees and charges|
|Non-maintenance of minimum quarterly average balance||
|ATM withdrawal charges at ABN AMRO Bank||Free|
|ATM withdrawal charges in India at other banks||Rs.50 per transaction is charged for withdrawals at UTI ATMs in India . Rs.50 per transaction for withdrawals at MasterCard/Cirrus ATMs in India.|
|Cash withdrawals in ATMs outside India||All withdrawals made at Mastercard or Cirrus ATMs abroad will be charged a withdrawal fee of Rs.120 per transaction.|
|Debit card||Gold Debit Card Annual Fee - Rs. 400 Indian Airlines Debit Card Annual fee- Rs. 250 Indian Airlines Debit Card enrollment fee - Rs.399|
|Debit card transaction limit||Debit Card spending limit per day (Non Gold)- Rs.1 Lakh Debit Card spending limit (Gold) - Rs. 1 lakh Supplementary debit card - Rs.10,000|
|Balance inquiry||At UTI Bank ATMs - Rs.5 At MasterCard/Cirrus ATMs - Rs.20|
|ATM cash withdrawal limit||Rs.1 lakh per day for non-Gold debit cards. Rs.1 lakh per day for Gold debit cards.|
|Debit card replacement||Rs.200|
|DD cancellation or revalidation||Free|
|Issue of Demand Draft||Free|
|Bank statement||Monthly e-statements - Free Monthly physical statements - Free Quarterly physical statements - NA (Not applicable) Half-yearly physical statements - Free Duplicate statement - Rs. 50|
|Cheque Return||For cheques issued by you and have returned unpaid - Rs. 350 will be charged per cheque. Cheques deposited by you and returned unpaid - Free|
|Outstation cheque collection||Outstation Cheques drawn and payable in India - Minimum of Rs. 50, Maximum of Rs. 5,000 Foreign Currency cheques payable outside India - Minimum of Rs.150, Maximum of Rs.5,000|
|Stop cheque payment||Rs.100|
|Charges for account closure||A penalty of Rs.500 is charged if the customer closes the account within 12 months.|
|Interest certificate||Free Rs.50 will be charged for a duplicate certificate.|
Documents Required for ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account
Customers have to submit the following documents when applying to open the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account.
Proof of address
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Rent agreement
- Ration Card
- Bank account statement
- Letter from recognised public authority
- Letter from Employer
Proof of identity
- For minors, if the guardian is illiterate, birth certificate of the minor is all that is required.
- Letter from a public servant verifying the ID and residence proof of the customer
- Voter’s ID Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card or Form 60 / 61
ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account FAQs
1. Is the interest added on deposits for the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account same as that of other Indian nationalised banks?
An interest rate of 3.5% per annum is offered on deposits in the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account. That said, all Indian nationalised banks have different interest rates..
2. What if I am below the age of 18 years? Is there no way I can open a ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account?
If you are below the age of 18 years, either your guardian or parents can open a savings account on your behalf.
3. Can you name some advantages of the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account?
Through the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account, customers can enjoy the convenience of fund transfers, make cheque book requests, make withdrawals across the globe, earn reward points for every transaction that can be redeemed in the form of gifts and so on.
4. It is sunday and I need to make a fund transfer. Is it possible using the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account?
You can make transactions from your ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account every day of the year.
5. I have never heard of this bank. Should I be an Indian national working in Netherlands or a Dutch national to open this account?
No you can open the ABN AMRO Flex Privilege Savings Account in India as well at the ABN AMRO Bank local branches. It is not reserved only for Indian nationals working in Netherlands or Dutch nationals. All citizens of India that are 18 years or above are eligible for this account.