Rolled out by the third largest bank in Netherlands, the Flex Plus Savings account by ABN AMRO is an easy option for customers to save for their future and enjoy the perks that come with a savings account. The ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account comes with the benefit of an interest rate of 3.5% per annum on deposits. Customers holding the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account have to maintain a minimum of Rs.15,000 as the average quarterly balance.
Features and Benefits of ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account
- Customers holding the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account can bank from anywhere on the globe and everyday as well. Customers can carry out regular banking procedures and transactions 365 days a year.
- Customers can make ATM withdrawals across the globe.
- SMS banking facilities available.
- Through the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account, customers can pay their utility bills, make online reservations, online transactions, etc.
- Customers can request for an e-statement to keep a track of their money in and out of their account.
- Free cheque books on opening the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account.
- This savings bank account offered by ABN AMRO Bank comes with an interest rate of 3.5% per annum.
- Customers earn reward points for every transaction.
- As soon as one opens the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account, he/she automatically becomes a member of India’s first banking rewards program.
- For every transaction, customers will receive customised alerts.
- On opening the account, customers are granted an International debit card. With this debit card, customers can shop at over 60,000 outlets in India and more than 6 million outlets across the globe.
Eligibility for ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account
Any citizen of India that is 18 years and above is eligible for the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account.
ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account Fees and Charges
|Category||Fees and charges|
|Non-maintenance of minimum quarterly average balance||
|Non-maintenance of minimum quarterly average balance for add-on accounts||
|ATM withdrawal charges in India||If the customers has maintained the minimum quarterly average balance (Rs.10,000 for individual accounts and Rs.15,000 for add-on accounts), there will be no ATM withdrawal charges. If not, Rs.50 will be charged per withdrawal.|
|Cash withdrawals in ATMs outside India||All withdrawals made at Mastercard or Cirrus ATMs abroad will be charged a withdrawal fee of Rs.120 per transaction.|
|Debit card||Gold Debit Card annual fee - Rs. 400 Debit Card annual fee - Rs. 180 Indian Airlines Debit Card annual fee - Rs. 250 Indian Airlines Debit Card enrollment fee - Rs.399|
|Debit card transaction limit||Debit Card spending limit per day (Non Gold) - Rs.50,000 Debit Card spending limit (Gold) - Rs. 1 lakh Supplementary Debit Card spending limit per day - Rs.10,000|
|Balance inquiry||At UTI Bank ATMs - Rs.5 At MasterCard/Cirrus ATMs - Rs.20|
|ATM cash withdrawal limit||Rs.50,000 per day for non-Gold debit cards. Rs.1 lakh per day for Gold debit cards.|
|Debit card replacement||Rs.200|
|Issue of Demand Draft||Rs.50|
|Bank statement||Monthly e-statements - Free Monthly physical statements - Rs.25 Quarterly physical statements - Rs.25 Half-yearly physical statements - Free Duplicate statement - Rs. 50|
|Cheque book||If the minimum quarterly average balance is not maintained, the customer is charged Rs.50 per cheque book.|
|Cheque Return||For cheques issued by you and returned unpaid, Rs. 350 will be charged per cheque. Cheques deposited by you and returned unpaid - Rs. 100 per cheque|
|Outstation cheque collection||Outstation Cheques drawn and payable in India - Minimum of Rs. 50, Maximum of Rs. 5,000 Foreign Currency cheques payable outside India - Minimum Of Rs.150, Maximum of Rs.5,000|
|Stop cheque payment||Rs.100|
|Charges for account closure||If the customer closes the account within 12 months from opening the account, he/she is charged a penalty of Rs.500|
Documents Required for ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account
When applying to open the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account, customers have to submit the following documents.
Proof of address
- Rent agreement
- Telephone Bill
- Letter from recognised public authority
- Bank account statement
- Ration Card
- Electricity Bill
- Letter from Employer
Proof of identity
- Driving License
- Voter’s ID Card
- PAN Card or Form 60 / 61
- Letter from a public servant verifying the ID and residence proof of the customer
- For minors, if the guardian is illiterate, the birth certificate of the minor will suffice
ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account FAQs
1. Can I open this account only in Netherlands?
No you can open the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account in India as well at any of the ABN AMRO Bank local branches.
2. What is the interest added on deposits for the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account?
An interest rate of 3.5% per annum is offered on deposits in the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account.
3. What is the minimum age to apply for a ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account?
You have to be at least 18 years of age to apply for the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account.
4. Can I make fund transfers to another bank account using the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account?
Yes you can.
5. Can I make online transactions on Sundays using the ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account?
You can make transactions from your ABN AMRO Flex Plus Savings Account 365 days a year.