To get Sukanya Samriddhi Account passbook, the account holder can download the application form from the respective bank or post office website and submit the duly-filled form to the authorised branch. The passbook will be issued post verification.
Once an Sukanya Samriddhi account has been opened, a passbook will be provided to you. The passbook is provided at no extra cost. The passbook contains various details such as the name, date of birth, address, account number, the date the account was opened, and the amount that has been deposited.
The passbook must be submitted at the time of making any deposits or during account closure. Apart from checking the available Sukanya Samriddhi account balance online, the balance can also be checked with the help of the passbook if it is updated regularly.
Sukanya Samridhi Account Returns
Currently, the SSY interest rate is 7.6% p.a. You can deposit up to Rs.1.5 lakh towards the account in a year. Given in the table below is an example of how much you would receive for contributions made towards the scheme for 21 years.
|Year||Opening Balance (Rs.)||Yearly Contribution (Rs.)||Interest Generated (Rs.)||Balance (Rs.)|
How To Obtain Sukanya Samriddhi Account Passbook?
You will need to open an Sukanya Samriddhi account first to get an Sukanya Samriddhi account passbook and for opening the account, you will need to obtain the application form from any of the offices of India Post or from the following authorized banks:
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Travancore
- Axis Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Canara Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Indian Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Union Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India
- State Bank of Mysore
Once you obtain the form, you will then need to submit the same with the required documents and then the Passbook will be provided to you after the account opening formalities are completed. You will need to keep the passbook in a safe place as the same will be needed to update information about all kinds of transactions completed on the account.
FAQs on SSY Account Passbook
- Can the SSY account be closed before it matures?
- Can more than one account be opened under the name of one child?
- What happens if funds are not transferred to the SSY account for one or more years?
- What are the documents that must be submitted to open an SSY account?
In case the account holder passes away, the account can be closed. However, the death certificate must be provided. Premature closure is also allowed in case medical treatment is required for life-threatening diseases. However, the account must have been opened for at least 5 years.
No, only one account can be opened under the name of a girl child.
In case funds are not transferred, a Rs.50 penalty is levied per year. Once the penalty is paid, the account can be regularized.
The below-mentioned documents must be submitted to open an SSY account:
- Account opening form
- Photograph of the girl child’s parent or legal guardian
- Know Your Customer (KYC) documents
- Birth certificate of the girl child with her name mentioned on it
No, loans cannot be availed against the SSY account.
Sukanya Samriddhi Top Pages
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SSY Documents Required
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana NRI
- Sukanya Samriddhi Interest Rate
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account in Post Office
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Eligibility
- Sukanya Samriddhi Withdrawal
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
- Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Union Bank of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
Sukanya Samriddhi Other Pages
- SSY Canara Bank
- Corporation Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Dena Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- IDBI Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Indian Overseas Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Benefits
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account in Axis bank
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Tax Benefits
- Syndicate Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Transfer
- Sukanya Samriddhi Rules