Individuals will have the option get all the information they need from a government office. The government will provide a response within 30 days from the date of submission of the RTI application. The steps to file this have been mentioned clearly.
About Filing RTI
Many people say that after, they have raised queries through RTI applications, the process of either getting updates were quicker, or even the processing their withdrawals or transfers will completed rather quickly. If you need to speed up the process to find out your EPF withdrawal or transfer status and get the work done, you can try this too. Following the right process and filing the duly filled form will need to be submitted.
How to file a RTI application for EPFO?
The right of every individual to get relevant information from any government office is called the Right to Information or RTI. In a matter of 30 days, you will receive a response from the government about your query. The Right to Information also has the information an individual may require from the EPFO as well, making it compulsory for even the EPFO to respond to the RTI application, and provide the individual with the information they require. To file an RTI application an individual will need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Fill out an RTI application with regard to your problem. The application must be in the below format:
- The subject must be clearly defined. For example: Application to seek information under the Right to Information Act 2005.
- The application must be addressed to the Central Public Information Officer, EPFO and must also have the complete PF office address mentioned.
- You should also ensure to include all your details such as your complete name as per records, your complete address with your phone number, email address and your EPF account number.
- After providing all the above details, you can ask the questions related to your EPF withdrawal and transfer.
A declaration also must be made in the format mentioned below
- “I do hereby declare that I am a citizen of India. All the information provided above is correct according to my knowledge. I request you to ensure that the requested information is provided before 30 day period after you have received the application”
- After declaration, you can provide the details of the demand draft or postal order that you have made towards a payment of the RTI application. The details will need to include the postal order number or the demand draft number, the date on which it was issued, and the details of the post office or bank for where they were drafted.
- The application must be signed and must clearly mention your Name, Place where you residing and Date. Example, the Rajesh Burman, Bhopal, 20/07/2020.
- You will now send this application to the concerned authority via Registered or Speed Post only and ensure that you keep the chalan of the registered post safely for future use. The concerned authority should receive your application in a matter 4-5 days and you will receive a reply within 30 days.
- Get a Demand Draft made for an amount of Rs. 10 (this amount can vary from state to state) in favor of the Account Officer in your EPF office. For example Account Officer, EPFO Tamil Nadu if the EPFO office is in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Another option is to make a postal order from the post office as this is more economical than a demand draft. The cost of making a demand draft can range from Rs. 50 to Rs. 200, whereas a post order costs way less than a demand draft and ranges from Rs. 1 to Rs. 10.
Can this process be done online?
Anyone who would like to avoid the hassles of obtaining a post order or a demand draft, and filling out the application themselves, can apply through the RTI application online. You will need to download an application which is available on the RTI website, and it will help you by filling out the application on your behalf, after which you can print, sign and send it to the concerned office directly without the hassle of a post order or a demand draft, which they will do on your behalf and attach the same and send it to the concerned office.