EPF or Employees’ provident fund is a savings account for salaried individuals and is maintained and handled EPFO(Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation). Any establishment that consists of more than 20 employees should register with EPFO. Employees who earn a minimum income of up to Rs.15000 should compulsorily invest in EPF, the investment amount is deducted from the individual’s salary amount.The employee’s contribution is matched by the employer’s contribution to the account. The employer’s contribution to the EPF account is exempted from tax and even though the employee’s contribution is taxable, it is still eligible for tax deductions under section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961. EPF is one of the best small savings scheme for salaried individuals who plan to build on their savings and want to save on tax.
EPF Payment Online
Payments for EPF account can be done online through the official EPF website (www.epfindia.com) or through a bank’s website with which you have an internet banking account. Given below are the steps that need to be followed in order to make EPF payment online through EPF website.
- Visit the EPF website(www.epfindia.com)
- Choose the ‘Online ECR/challan submission’ option
- Generate the TRRN(Temporary Return Reference Number)
How to do SBI EPF Payment Online
One can also make payment online for EPF through State Bank of India. The payment can be done at State Bank of India’s online site. Only corporate or Saral users can make EPF payments online through SBI. Listed below are the steps that need to be followed in order to make EPF payments online through SBI.
- Visit SBI website
- Login to Corporate banking section.
- Choose the ‘Payment/Transfer’ option present on the site and then choose the ‘Pay EPF’ option.
- Enter the valid TRRN(Temporary Return Reference Number), choose the debit account and click on the ‘Submit’ option after verifying the details thoroughly.
- If the individual is a corporate user then they have to wait for the authorizer to authorise the debit account. This is not applicable for saral users as there is only one user in case of a saral account.
- Once the account is authorised, the individual can view or print the challan according to their convenience.
- Found Challan in the ‘Reports’ option in the account.
Steps involved in making SBI EPF Online Payment is to
- EPF Balance
- EPF Claim Status
- EPF Interest Rate
- How to Transfer PF Amount
- Provident Fund Rules
- SBI EPF
- Gratuity Calculator
- EPF Account Withdrawal Fraud
- EPF Money after Resignation
- EPF Life Insurance
- 7 Ways to Check PF Account Balance
- EPFO into Equities
- New EPF Withdrawal Form
- Unclaimed EPF Account
- EPFO Stock Market Investment
- How to Access UAN Account after Changing the Mobile Number
- How to Change EPF Nomination Online
- Claiming PF from Inactive EPF Accounts
- EPF vs EPS
- EPF Claim after the Death of a Subscriber
- EPF vs NPS
- EPF vs PPF
- GPF Amount Withdrawals
- Claim 100% EPF at 60 Years
- Breakup of EPF Contribution
- EPF Contribution in Basic Salary
- Centre Cracks Down on EPF
- Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme
- EPF e-Passbook
- Employee Pension Scheme
- File an RTI for EPF Withdraw or Transfer