The government of India has launched a scheme call the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana which can be applied for through Andhra Bank. This is an investment scheme targeted at the girl child and affords parents the facility of an account where annual contribution of up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs can be made. The contributions grow at a predefined rate of interest and are locked in till the girl attains the age of 21 years. It also offers taxpayers, tax benefits under section 80C and can be used to fund things like education and marriage of the girl. It is a scheme that can be availed by anyone and can be invested in with amounts as little as Rs. 1,000 per year. The Andhra Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can also support partial withdrawals once the girl, in whose name the account is opened, attains the age of 18 years.
Features of Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme
There are a lot of features that investors in this account need to be aware of before investing. Some of the most important ones are:
- Account opening: Andhra Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can be opened for any girl who is under the age of 10 years. If the girl is already 10 years old, then then a buffer of 1 year is provided for the opening of the account.
- Only one such account can be opened for each child. If the children happen to be twins then one account in the name of each girl can be opened.
- Deposits: The minimum amount that can be invested in a year is Rs. 1,000 and the maximum is Rs. 1.5 lakhs. You can use the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator for calculating how much monthly amount you want to put in your Sukanya Samriddhi Account.
- If a minimum amount of Rs. 1,000 is not deposited in a year then a penalty of Rs. 50 can be charged.
- While the initial investment needs to be of a minimum of Rs. 1,000, subsequent investments can be in multiples of Rs. 100.
- Deposits paying term: The investments into this account need to be done every year for the first 14 years only.
- Documents required: The investors will have to submit the account opening form along with a birth certificate for the child.
- If the children are twins then a certificate from a reputed institute will also be required.
- Interest rate: The interest rate for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is determined by the government and is currently 9.2% per annum.
- Withdrawal: No withdrawals are permitted from this account till such time as it matures.
- Once the girl is 18 years old, a partial withdrawal of 50% of the balance at credit can be withdrawn but only if it is used for her education or marriage.
- Premature closure: Only if the account holder passes away or the family proves to the government that continuing investments into the account would have a negative impact on their finances can the account be closed before maturity.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Tax Benefits
The tax benefits provided by this scheme are governed by section 80C of the IT act and can be claimed for an amount up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs per year.
The way the Sukanya Samriddhi scheme is designed, it can be very helpful for anyone who is looking to create savings for future expenses related to the wellbeing of their daughters.
- Beti Padhao Beti Bachao
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account In Post Office
- Age Limit under the Sukanya Samriddhi Account Yojana
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account Eligibility
- How to Check Sukanya Samriddhi Account Balance
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Premature Withdrawal
- How to Transfer Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Loan against Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Allahabad Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Andhra Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Bank of Baroda Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Sbbj Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- SBP Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Uco Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Union Bank Of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Vijaya Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- PNB Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- List of Banks Offering Sukanya Samriddhi Savings Account
- Punjab and Sind Bank Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Rules Relating To Sukanya Samriddi Account Yojana
- United Bank Of India Sukanya Samriddhi Account
- Rbi Rules For Sukanya Samriddhi Account Opening
- Alternative Birth Certificate for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Sukanya samriddhi Yojana Account For OCI And PIO
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Children Mutual Fund
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Fixed Deposit
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Public Provident Fund
- Sukanya Samriddhi Vs Recurring Deposit