What Is Tatkaal Passport?
How much does a Tatkaal passport cost?
How long does it take to get a Tatkaal Passport?
Can an Indian citizen belonging to Nagaland qualify to apply for a passport under the Tatkaal program?
Is every Indian resident eligible to apply for a Tatkaal passport?
The Passport Seva of India initiated the concept of “Tatkaal” for applicants who want to have their passports issued due to emergencies. A Tatkaal applicant not only gets his/her appointment early but also is known for its faster processing. The print queue is separate so that the passport is dispatched much faster.
The passport applied under the Tatkaal scheme costs Rs.2,000.
Once the application is successfully submitted and the final status shows “Granted,” an applicant can get his or her passport within 1 – 3 working days.
Unfortunately, the answer is NO.
Though the final passport authority is responsible for the Tatkaal scheme, there are some categories of applicants who can’t apply for their passports under this program. These include:
- Applicants who have been sent back to India from a foreign country or cases that involve emergency certificates.
- Applicants who are sent back from a foreign country at the Government’s cost.
- Indian citizens by Naturalization/Registration (MHA Granted Citizenship).
- Indians by descent (meaning – Born to Indian parents but who live outside India).
- Indian applicants who have a major change in their names.
- Applicants who are Nagaland residents.
- Applicants who are Naga origins but live outside Nagaland.
- Applicants who are Jammu & Kashmir residents.
- Children who are adopted by the Indian parents.
- Children who are adopted by foreigners.
- Parents who are divorced.
- Parents who are separated but not yet divorced.
- A minor with a single parent.
- A minor from Nagaland.
- Applicants who have their passports damaged/stolen/lost cannot re-apply under the Tatkaal scheme.
- Renewal of SVP (Short Validity Passport).
- Applicants who have undergone a sex change.
- Applicants who have modified their looks or appearances.
- Applicants who have a correction or change in their birth dates.
- Applicants who have a correction or change in their birthplaces.
- Applicants who have changed their signatures.
- Applicants who have a change in their mother/father’s name.
Will a minor be allowed to apply for a Tatkaal passport if his/her parents have a criminal record or adverse police reports?
In such a case, a minor is eligible to apply for a passport under the Tatkaal scheme, given that a PO (Passport Officer) approves it.
What to do if the passport booklet is completely damaged and an applicant has to fly to a foreign county urgently?
If the passport is not damaged to an extent that even some vital details are unrecognizable, then it has to be re-applied but not under the Tatkaal program. However, the damage is not much and is recognizable, that is passport number is visible, the name is readable, and the photograph is undamaged, then the applicant can apply for a passport re-issue via the Tatkaal program.
While applying for a Tatkaal application, it asks for an appointment quota. What is that?
A Tatkaal application has two quotas available, which include:
- The Tatkaal quota, and
- The Normal quota
A Tatkaal applicant who is not able to book an appointment in prior under the Tatkaal quota can consider booking an appointment under the Normal quota too. But a Tatkaal fee is charged regardless of the quota an appointment is booked under.
Read More About Other Passport Related Pages
- Indian Passport
- Applying for Passport Services
- Apply for Passport Online
- Apply for Passport Offline
- PSK Passport Applications
- Passport Forms
- Fill Passport Application Form
- Track Passport Application Status
- ECR ECNR Status
- Emergency ID Surrender LOC
- OCI and PIO Card
- Passport Grievance and Feedback
- RTI and Passport
- Police Verification
- PSK Locations and Appointment
- Diplomatic Passport
- Passport Glossary Terms
- Dual Citizenship
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Passport Renewal, Changes, Reissue
- Change of Address in Passport
- Minor Passport
- Passport for Senior citizen
- Passport for Government Employee
- Tatkal Passport
- Student Passport
- Passport Renewal
- Passport Reissue
- Duplicate Passport
- Documents Required for Indian Passport
- Converting PIO card Into OCI card
- Fees and Charges