Passport is a very important piece of document that validates an individual's identity and nationality and also enables the individual to travel outside of the country legally. It is issued by the Government of India. A passport also acts as a proof of identity and proof of address. Every passport is issued with a validity period and once the validity period is over, the passport becomes invalid. Hence, it is very important to renew your passport after it crosses the validity period. Given below is a detailed explanation on the procedure to be followed in order to renew your passport.
Passport renewal process in Bangalore
Given below are the steps that need to be followed in order to renew your passport in Bangalore:
- Download the e-form by registering online on the official Passport India website or visit the Passport Seva Kendra and avail the form.
- Attach a PP form that is used for Police Verification report.
- Upload the e-form online with supporting documents. In case of a hard copy, submit it at the Passport Seva Kendra.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Take printouts of the appointment receipt.
- Go to the Passport Seva Kendra to collect a token.
- A different token will be issued if an appointment has already been scheduled. Submit the token slip, the form with supporting documents and pay the required fee.
- Collect the acknowledgement slip and go to the counter for verification.
Key points to remember while filling the form
Listed below are the steps that one should follow when filling the form for passport renewal:
- Use blue or black ball point pen to fill the form.
- Fill the form with capital letters.
- Try to submit the required information within the space provided.
- Avoid overwriting.
Time taken for issuance of renewed passport
Given below is the duration taken for the issuance of renewed passports for tatkal passport and Normal passport:
- Tatkal passport- 7 to 14 days
- Normal passport- 30 to 45 days
Fee for renewal of passport in Bangalore
A nominal fee is charged for the renewal of a passport. Listed below is the amount charged for renewing your passport in Bangalore:
Online or walk-in renewal of 36 page passport
- Normal- Rs.1,000
Online renewal of 60 page passport
- Normal- Rs.1,500
- Tatkal- Rs.3,000