To purchase a second-hand vehicle in Jaipur, the transfer of ownership of the vehicle must be done within 30 days to avoid paying a fine. The transfer of ownership of the vehicle must also be done at the RTO in Jaipur where you reside. If the owner of the vehicle does not belong or stay in Jaipur, a No Objection Certificate must be obtained from the original RTO from the city where the new owner belongs to initiate the process of transfer of ownership.
List of RTOs in Jaipur
|RTO Name||RTO Zone||RTO Number|
|RTO||Parivahan Bhawan, Sahkar Marg, Jaipur, Rajasthan||RJ-45|
Procedure for Application of Transfer of Vehicle Ownership in Jaipur
Step 1: Getting a No Objection Certificate
If the car you have purchased does not belong at the local RTO, you will have to apply for a NOC from the RTO where the car has been registered. If the car hasn’t been bought in the state, it will need to be de-registered from the state it belongs to and re-registered in Jaipur.
You can do so by following the process mentioned below:
- You will have to obtain a No Objection Certificate after providing a filled Form 28 at the original RTO.
- If the car is not registered in Jaipur, then you will have to de-register the car at the original RTO after filling a Form 29.
Along with Form 29, a set of additional documents will need to be submitted which are:
- Form 28
- NOC from the financing bank if the car is under hypothecation
- Documents for proof of payment of road tax (Only commercial vehicles)
- Attested RC copy
- NOC from traffic police
- Valid insurance
- Valid PUC Certificate
- Clearance from NCRB
Step 2: Re-registration of the vehicle after inter-city transfer
If the vehicle belongs to a different state, the documents required for re-registration of the vehicle are:
- Form 20
- NOC from previous RTO
- Original RC from another state
- Attested address proof copy
- Form 33
- Passport-size photos of the applicant
- PAN Card, Form 60, or Form 61
- Attested PUC Certificate copy
- Attested copy of the valid driving license of the car owner
- Form 27
- Lending bank NOC if the vehicle is under a loan
Step 3: Road Tax Payment
If the vehicle does not belong to Jaipur, the road tax will be required to be paid again.
- Application for road tax refund
- Copy of the new registration certificate
- Insurance policy with new registration number
- Updated and signed Form 16
- Copy of the old registration certificate
- Address proof
- Proof of ID
Documents Required for the Transfer of the Vehicle Ownership in Jaipur
- Original RC
- Form 30
- Copy of Residential Certificate
- Form 29 which filled
- Copy of valid pollution under control certificate
- Copy of valid insurance
- Crime Report of N.C.R.B.
How to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in JaipurFAQs
How long does the procedure of RC transfer take?
The complete procedure of the RC transfer can take up to 1 month.
How can you check the RC transfer status?
You can check the status of your RC transfer on the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Does the RC transfer require the presence of the seller?
No, the seller’s presence is not required during the process of the RC transfer.