During the second week of January 2017, the Central Motor Vehicle Rules bore witness to its 22nd amendment. This amendment brought about a fresh fee structure for a lot of vehicle related issues including Driving Licence (DL), Learning Licence (LL), International Driver’s Licence (IDL), Registration of new vehicles, and Fitness Certificate (FC) tests.
Online Payment Steps for Driving Licence's & Learners Licence Fee
- Step 1: Click on parivahan.gov
- Step 2: Click on the “Online Services” tab.
- Step 3: Select the “Driving Licence Related Services” option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Select the specific state from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Click on the “Fee Payment” present on top.
- Step 6: Select the “Fee Payment” option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 7: Go through the “Instructions for online payment for the LL/DL applicants”.
- Step 8: Click on proceed.
- Step 9: Fill up the required details and click on the “Click here to calculate fee” tab.
- Step 10: After all the details get generated, click on the “Bank / Gateway / Treasury” drop-down option.
- Step 11: Enter the verification number.
- Step 12: Click on the “Pay Later” or “Pay Now” option to process the payment.
Fees structure Changes for Driving Licence, Learner's Licence & International Licence
|Type of license-related issues||Old fees (In Rs.)||New fees (In Rs.)|
|Driving Licence Fees||40||200|
|Driver’s licence test||50||300|
|Driver’s licence renewal||50||200|
|Learner’s licence application||30||200|
|Learner’s licence renewal||40||200|
|International driver’s licence||500||1,000|
|Renewal and issue of licence for driving schools||2,000||10,000|
|Issue of renewed driver’s licence||50||200|
|Appeal fee against RTO||100||500|
|Issue of duplicate licence for driving schools||2,000||5,000|
Fee Structure Changes for Vehicle Registrations
|Registration type||Old fees (In Rs.)||New fees (In Rs.)|
|Medium and heavy vehicles hypothecation||100||3,000|
|Transport licence for cars and autos with white board||200||600|
|Transport licence for cars and autos with yellow board||300||1,000|
|Passenger and cargo vehicles||400||1,000|
|Passenger and heavy cargo vehicles||600||1,500|
|Imported vehicle fee||800||5,000|
|Imported motorcycle fee||200||2,000|
These are all the changes that have been introduced with the commencement of 22nd amendment. So, keep these in mind before going ahead to get a licence or are looking to get a vehicle registered.
FAQs on Driving Licence Fees
- How much does it cost to get a driving license in India?
Application for a new driving licence would cost approximately Rs. 200 and the driving licence test would cost Rs. 300.
- What is the fee for driving licence renewal?
Renewing a driving licence would cost approximately Rs. 200.
- What is the fee for LLR?
Application for a new learner’s licence would cost approximately Rs. 200.
- How much does it cost to renew a learner’s licence?
Renewing a learner's licence would cost approximately Rs. 200.
- How much does a duplicate driver's licence cost?
A duplicate driver’s licence costs approximately Rs. 200.
- Is the driving licence fee the same for all types of vehicles and all types of licences?
The licence fees vary depending on vehicle class and licence type. For more detailed information, click on the parivahan link: https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//en/content/licensing-related-fees-and-charges
- What are the ways to pay DL/LL fees?
The applicant can pay driving licence fees online through the Parivahan Sewa website or the State Transport Department website. If the applicant wishes to make the payment offline, they must visit the RTO directly and make the payment directly at the RTO Office.
- Will I get a fee refund if I fail the driving test?
No, the fee will not be refunded in case of failing the driving test.