Every state in India has a different website where people can go and pay their traffic challans. You will have to visit your state’s transport official website to pay a traffic challan.
Steps to pay traffic challan online
- Visit your City’s official transport website. For example: For Bangalore the official website where you can pay your challans online is https://btp.gov.in/Defaultkannada.aspx .
- You will find a section dedicated to pay violation fines.
- You will be allowed to choose if you want to pay violation notices, parking charges, or spot fines, or any other charges.
- Choose on the appropriate link and you will be asked to enter certain details depending on the type of traffic violation.
- Generally, you will be asked to enter your new vehicle registration number, old registration number, or your parking violation tag number (If you know).
- Enter the details and the current outstanding amount.
- You will be allowed to make the payment using your Master or Visa Card.
- Do not forget to enter the Captcha in the space provided and before clicking on “Submit”.
- You will be redirected to a safe page to make your payment.
How to pay traffic challan online using Paytm
Paytm is one of the leading Indian e-payment companies in our country. Since its introduction, the way people make their payment has changed. With Paytm, people can go cashless anywhere and still make payments using the app. A new feature has been added to this app which allows users to pay their traffic challans online.
Steps to make traffic challan payment online using Paytm
- Visit Paytm.com or download the app.
- Login with your user credentials.
- You will be able to see “Pay Traffic Challan” option.
- Enter your city name.
- Enter the traffic challan or your vehicle number.
- Choose your payment method. You can make the payment using your debt/ credit card, net banking, or your Paytm balance.
- Once you choose the payment method, you will be redirected to a safe and secure page where you can process the payment.
- Once you have made the payment, you will receive an email and SMS to your registered email ID and phone number instantly.
Steps to pay traffic challan offline
You can pay your traffic challan at any traffic police station in your city. If you have received a letter for traffic violation, carry that with you and visit the nearest traffic police station.
If you are caught for any traffic violation, you can request the Traffic Inspector to check for previous dues and pay ut together. As all your details are saved on the Blackberry device used by the traffic police, they can trace your previous fine details.
It is not advisable to have pending traffic violation fines. If you have any traffic fines and penalties to be paid, please go ahead and pay it today and drive safe.