SBI FASTag is a rechargeable/reloadable tag that facilitates Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) across toll plazas on national highways in India. You no longer have to stop at a toll booth and pay the toll fee using cash.
What is SBI FASTag:
It is a device that uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to deduct toll charges from a prepaid account which is linked to the tag. This device is affixed to the windscreen of the vehicle and when you drive through the FASTag lane, the toll fee will be collected electronically by the tag reader at the toll plaza.
Features and benefits of using SBI FASTag:
- With SBI FASTag, you can save time and fuel that you might otherwise expend at the toll booth when relying on cash transaction to pay the toll fee.
- As FASTag is used for cashless transactions, you need not worry about carrying the exact change to pay the toll fee.
- To keep you updated of all transactions made using FASTag, you will be sent instant SMS alerts to your registered mobile number.
- SBI FASTag has unlimited validity until it depreciates due to wear and tear or is tampered with. You can get a replacement tag for an additional cost. The tag comes with a 3-year guarantee.
- Your FASTag account can be recharged easily through authorised SBI service providers or dedicated online portals using net banking, credit card, debit card, e-wallets, etc.
- You can get cashback for all FASTag transactions at the toll plazas on national highways.
- FASTag users can log on to the customer portal to view transaction history, check account balance, etc.
- The minimum recharge amount for SBI FASTag is Rs.100.
- The maximum recharge amount for SBI FASTag is Rs.1 lakh for those who have submitted KYC details and Rs.20,000 for those who have not provided KYC details.
- FASTag can be used at more than 346 toll plazas across the national highways. In the future, more toll plazas will be added to the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program.
*To get a list of the active toll plazas, visit - www.ihmcl.com.
How to get SBI FASTag?
To create a tag account, visit any of the Point of Sale (POS) locations of SBI's authorised agencies at the toll plazas. Drive your vehicle to the POS location to get the FASTag affixed to its windscreen. Carry original KYC documents along with its photocopies to the POS location.
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle
- Duly filled application form for SBI FASTag
- Passport-size photograph of the vehicle owner/customer
- KYC documents such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, Voter ID card, Passport, Driving License, etc.
Fees and charges levied on SBI FASTag users:
- Fee for issuing tag - Rs.100
- Convenience fee - A small convenience fee will be charged for all transactions.
- Security deposit - The security deposit is levied as per the vehicle class. It will be refunded upon closure of the tag account.
|Vehicle Class||Deposit Amount|
|4 - Car / Jeep / Van/ Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||Rs.200|
|5 - Light Commercial Vehicle||Rs.300|
|6 - 3 Axle Commercial Vehicles||Rs.400|
|7 - Bus / Truck||Rs.400|
|12 - 4 to 6 axle||Rs.400|
|15 - 7 or more axle||Rs.400|
|16 - Heavy Construction Machinery (HCM)/Earth Moving Equipment (EME)||Rs.400|
*Tax will be levied on all types of transactions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about SBI FASTag:
- What is the helpline number for SBI FASTasg?
For any queries or complaints, contact SBI on the helpline number - 1800-11-0018.
- Will I get rewards points for topping up SBI FASTag using SBI debit cards? Yes, depending on your eligibility as an existing customer, you will receive rewards points for using SBI debit card to top up SBI FASTag.
- What should I do if there is a dispute at the toll plaza? Get in touch with the issuer agency/bank and report the issue. You will be advised to pay the toll charge in cash if your tag isn't working. The helpdesk will escalate the matter to the respective channel regarding the dispute.
- What should I do if my SBI FASTag is lost or misplaced? You will have to lodge an FIR with the local police if the FASTag was lost or stolen along with the vehicle. Report the incident to the customer care centre of the bank. The bank will block the tag in order to prevent misuse of the tag.
- How to cancel or surrender SBI FASTag? You must submit a written request for surrender or cancellation of the tag and handover the tag to the bank. In the event of the demise of the tag holder, the heir can claim the security deposit.
- What to do if incorrect deductions were made using my FASTag?
You can contact customer care about the incorrect deductions and the bank will review your request and revert the deduction if ded. The bank will raise a query to the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) to address double deductions for single use.
- What should be done in case of misconduct or harassment by toll collection staff? You can register your grievance with the concerned Project Director at the respective toll plaza. You can also report the incident via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I get concessions for local vehicles? If you reside within 10 km of a toll plaza, you can purchase a FASTag to avail of the concessions available for local vehicles. You will have to submit address proof at the POS location of the issuing agency/bank.
- How to get a replacement for a damaged tag? You can request the bank to issue a new tag and the balance amount in the old tag account will be transferred to the new tag account.
- How to avail of the monthly pass?
A monthly pass is applicable to a specific toll plaza. It can't be used across toll plazas. You can visit the respective POS ation of the issuing bank and request for a monthly pass. As you are a tag holder, the monthly pass will be activated for the affixed tag, and it can be used at a particular toll plaza.