FASTag operated by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) is an electronic toll collection system. Laced with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology, the tag is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas without stopping for transactions. As per NHAI, Fastag comes with unlimited validity and offers benefits like cashback of up to 7.5%.
Benefits of using FASTag :
The benefits of using NHAI FASTag are as follows:
- Helps in saving time
- Saves you from carrying cash
- Beneficial in accessing the statements by logging on to the FASTag portal
- Sends alerts to the registered mobile number for all transactions done on FASTag
How to recharge my NHAI FAStag Account?
To recharge NHAI FASTag, you need to visit the amazon app or website. You can also recharge it on the My FASTag app.
Documents required to apply for NHAI FASTag :
In order to apply for NHAI FASTag, you need to submit the following documents along with the application:
- Your passport size photograph
- KYC documents (as per the category you fall under)
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle
NHAI FASTag FAQs
- What happens to my FASTag account balance if the FASTag gets misplaced, stolen, or lost?
In case your FASTag is lost, misplaced, or stolen, you can block the same by getting in touch with the issuing authority. You can do this by calling the customer care number of tag issuer and report the loss of the tag. The old card will be blocked and a new card will be issued in place of it. Once a new account is created for your vehicle, you will be required to pay the issuance charges for the new card. If you have had balance on the old tag, the same balance will be transferred from your old FASTag account to the new account.
- How long is a FASTag valid?
A FASTag is valid for a period of 5 years from the date of issuance of the tag.
- What is the minimum and maximum value for recharging a FASTag RFID tag?
The minimum and maximum recharge value for FASTag is Rs.100 and Rs.1 lakh, respectively. However, the maximum recharge value will be subject to a Full-KYC account.
- Which are the roads where I can use the my FASTag?
The FASTags can be used in as many as 680 toll plazas across the country which are located through different national and state highways. As per the plans under the FASTag programme in India, more toll plazas will be added to the process in the future.
- Are there specific lanes for FASTag users?
Yes, all the toll plazas which are enrolled under the FASTag programme have special lanes for the passage of vehicles with FASTag RFID tags. These fast lanes allow the commute to be hassle-free and quick.