You can apply for a FASTag from HDFC Bank online by visiting its official website and avail a cashback of 2.5% on all toll payments made using FASTag during the calendar year FY2019-20. A FASTag is a reloadable tag that enables automatic and cashless toll payments at toll plazas. This means that you do not have to stop at toll plazas for cash payments. Instead, the tag reader at the toll gate will detect the FASTag affixed to the windscreen of your vehicle and automatically deduct the payment from your FASTag account.
How to Get HDFC FASTag?
There are 2 ways by which you can buy a FASTag from HDFC Bank. The first way is the online method which requires you to follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the link - https://getprepaidcard.hdfcbank.com/fastag/index.aspx
- You will be asked if you have an HDFC account. Select the options accordingly.
- If you select the ‘Yes’ option, you will be asked to enter your customer ID.
- If you choose the ‘No’ option, you will be asked if you want a FASTag for commercial or personal vehicle.
- Irrespective of which option you choose, you will be asked to fill up certain details such as name or corporate name, address, contact details, etc.
- Once you fill in all the requested details and click on the ‘Submit’ button, you will be directed to the further process.
- You may be asked to upload certain documents during the FASTag application process.
You can also obtain a FASTag by calling the helpline number of HDFC Bank at 1800 120 1243.
FASTag Joining Fee and Charges:
While applying for a FASTag, you will be required to pay a joining fee and a one-time refundable deposit that will vary with the vehicle class. Remember that a minimum threshold has to be maintained on the FASTag account. The minimum threshold is the minimum recharge amount which you must do when you get your FAStag activated.
The charges applicable on FASTag have been given below:
|Joining Fee||Rs.100 including taxes|
|Re-issuance Fees||Rs.100 including taxes|
The one-time tag deposit amount for FASTag according to vehicle class are as follows:
|Vehicle Class||Description||Threshold Amount||Tag Colour||Tag Deposit|
|4||Tata Ace and similar mini light commercial vehicle||Rs.100||Violet||Rs.200|
|5||Minibus/light commercial vehicle||Rs.140||Orange||Rs.300|
|6||Bus 3 Axle||Rs.300||Yellow||Rs.400|
|6||Truck 3 Axle||Rs.300||Yellow||Rs.500|
|7||Truck 2 Axle/Bus 2 Axle||Rs.300||Green||Rs.400|
|12||Truck 4,5,6 Axle/Tractor/Tractor with trailer||Rs.300||Pink||Rs.500|
|15||Truck 7 Axle and above||Rs.300||Blue||Rs.500|
|16||Earth Moving/Heavy Construction Machinery||Rs.300||Black||Rs.500|
How to Recharge Your HDFC FASTag Account?
You can follow either of the below-given ways to recharge your HDFC FASTag account:
Through the FASTag portal –
To recharge using this option, you can follow the below-given steps:
- Visit the FASTag portal of HDFC Bank at - www.hdfcbank.com/fastag
- Login using your Wallet ID/User ID and password
- Select the ‘Payment’ option and click on ‘Top-Up’ tab
- Choose the respective wallet ID and fill the recharge amount
- Choose your preferred payment mode and complete the payment process.
Through any UPI application –
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to recharge your FASTag account using any UPI application:
- Open any UPI application
- Select the ‘Pay by UPI ID’ option and enter the VPA
- Enter the pre-defined VPA for HDFC Bank FASTag Recharge
Please note that online recharge will attract applicable charges and you can recharge up to Rs.1 lakh provided you are compliant with the Know-Your-Customer (KYC) norms.