• Form 33

    There are times when you have to relocate to another address. In such cases, you need to change the address on your vehicle’s Registration Certificate. If the relocation is within the state, then you need to submit Form 33 to change the address on the Registration Certificate.

    How to fill Form 33?

    Form 33 is divided into three parts. In the first part you need to fill in personal details and the third part is the certificate of test of competence to drive. The second part is the Financer’s consent form regarding the address change and the third part is official endorsement of the address change proceeding.

    • At the beginning of the form, in the top-left corner, fill in the name of Registering Authority address under whose jurisdiction you wish to update the new address.
    • Next, you need to fill in personal details like your name, your father’s/husband’s name, and the old address.
    • In the next point, you need to write the vehicle number and the new address along with proof. You also need to mention the date from which the new address came into effect.
    • You also need to mention if your vehicle is under a lease or hire-purchase or hypothecation agreement. If it is, then you need to mention the financing company’s complete address.
    • In the first part of the concluding section, the vehicle’s registered owner signs the document or marks his thumb impression along with date.
    • In the second part of the concluding section, the financer gives his consent for address change. In case the financer does not approve of the address change, then he should mention the same along with the valid reason.
    • Next, the financer also signs the document or puts thumb impression along with the date.
    • In the last part, the Registering Authority representative enters the reference number and RTO address. The official also signs the document or puts thumb impression along with the date, registering authority’s name and the financer’s name.
    • The RTO forwards this endorsement to the Registering Authority and the Financier (under whose jurisdiction the automobile address got removed) via the registered post.

    Documents to be submitted along with Form 33

    The below-listed documents need to be submitted along with Form 33:

    Identity Proof Any one of the documents
    • Aadhaar card
    • Passport
    • Voter’s ID card
    • PAN Card
    • Ration Card
    Old and new address proof Any one of the following documents:
    • Aadhaar card
    • Telephone bill
    • Passport
    • Ration card
    • Electricity bill
    • Voter ID card
    Insurance certificate of the vehicle -
    Registration certificate of the vehicle -
    PAN card* Attested copy
    Form 60 and Form 61* As applicable
    No Objection Certificate from financier * (In case of hypothecation or lease or hire-purchase)
    Chassis & Engine Pencil Print*
    Vehicle Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate
    Owner’s signature identification*
    Smart card fee*

    Note: Documents marked with asterisk may or may not be required

    Points to note while submitting Form 33:

    1. Mention the old address as well as new address correctly on the form
    2. Attach valid document proofs
    3. Mention the vehicle number and date of relocation correctly

    FAQs on Form 33

    1. How can I download Form 33?

      Follow the steps mentioned below to download Form 33:

      Step 1: Visit https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//en/content/download-forms

      Step 2: Under the ‘Driving Licence’ category, click on link for Form 33

    2. In how many days can I apply for an address change on registration certificate after relocating?

      You need to apply for an address change on the registration certificate within 14 days of relocation.

    3. What is the fee for an address change on the driving licence?

      For any application to change address or any other particulars recorded in the driving licence, you need to pay a fee of Rs.200.

    Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.

    This Page is BLOCKED as it is using Iframes.