If you have been wanting to apply for a driving licence in Pune but have been postponing it due to lack of time, you can now do it online. In Pune, a driving licence is issued by the Regional Transport Office (RTO).
How to apply for Learner’s Licence in Pune?
If you want to apply for the driving licence, the first step is to get a Learner’s Licence (LL) in Pune. Follow the steps mentioned below to obtain an LL in Pune:
- Visit the Sarathi Website to download the application form for applying for a new driving licence.
- Visit the nearby RTO with the duly-filled application form and the necessary supporting documents like your identity proof, proof of residence, age proof, and passport size photographs).
- You can book a slot online and fix the appointment before you visit the RTO.
- On the appointment date, visit the RTO with the original and photocopies of all your documents.
- An RTO Official will verify all your documents. Upon successful verification of all your documents, you will be allowed to take the LL test.
- Usually a written test will have around 20 questions.
- Once you have submitted your test, the results will be declared on the same day.
- If you have cleared the test, you can collect a copy of your LL on the same day.
- If you do not clear the test, you will have to apply again after some time.
- Please note that you cannot apply for a DL without having a valid LL.
How to get Driving Licence in Pune?
Before applying for a driving licence in Pune, make sure you apply for a Learner’s Licence. You can apply for a driving licence online in Pune. You can either visit the concerned RTO and apply for the driving licence in person or you can do it online. You can apply for a DL be following the procedure below:
- Visit the Maharashtra Transport official website or the Sarathi website.
- Download the application of driving licence form.
- Once you have downloaded the form, the next step is to fill the Form.
- Fill the required details. These include the applicant’s name, mobile number, email address, PAN number, type of motorcycle, permanent address, temporary address, birthplace, date of birth, educational qualification, identification marks, citizenship status, blood group, etc.
- Upload the medical certificate (Form 1A), learner’s Licence, the certificate from the driving school, and any other supporting documents required.
- Enter the captcha code and click on the “submit” button.
- Once the application is submitted, you will get an “application reference number” and you will be allotted an appointment to visit the RTO.
- On the appointment day, you will have to take the vehicle to the RTO. Note that the vehicle type has to be the same that was written at the time of filling the application.
- During the driving test, you will be required to drive in the presence of the RTO Official.
- The results will be announced in a few hours. If you fail, you will have to take the DL test after a few days.
- If you clear the driving test, the DL will be posted to your address in a few days.
Duplicate Driving Licence at the RTO
If your DL is stolen, tampered, or misplaced, you can request for a duplicate driving licence to be issued to you. All you have to do is file a First Information Report (FIR) with the police and visit the RTO with a copy of the FIR and other supporting documents like duly-filled LLD form, damaged card if available, identity proof, address proof, and the fees for issuing duplicate DL. After successful verification, a duplicate driving licence will be issued to you. The documents required are:
- Duly-filled application form
- Two passport size photo
- A copy of the PAN card
- Copy of the FIR
- Damaged DL
- Proof of residence
Renewal of Driving Licence in Pune
A permanent driving licence issued in Pune is usually valid for 20 years or till the applicant reaches 50 years of age, whichever is earlier. An applicant should ideally apply for renewal 30 days before the expiry date of the DL.
The applicant can either visit the concerned RTO and apply for the renewal of DL or can do it online on the Maharashtra Transport website. You can download the application form for renewal of DL from the website, fill it accurately, and submit it in person in the concerned RTO. Upon verification of the documents, a renewed driving licence will be issued. Please note that a health clearance certificate from a certified medical practitioner stating that the candidate is fit to drive may be required while applying for renewal of licence.
RTO Registration in Pune
All new vehicles purchased in Pune should be registered with the RTO. If you have purchased a new vehicle, your dealer will most likely register your vehicle for you. But if you wish to register it by yourself, you will need the following documents:
- Duly filled Form Number 20 which is the application for registration of a motor vehicle.
- Sale certificate
- Valid insurance certificate
- Two copies of your recent passport size photographs
- Physical production of vehicle
- Temporary Registration assigned by the dealer if available
- Invoice from the dealer
- Customs’ Clearance Certificate if the vehicle is imported
- Copy of your PAN if the cost of the vehicle exceeds Rs.4 lakh
- Proof of residence
- Identity proof
- Citizenship proof
International Driving Licence in Pune
Getting an International Driving Licence (IDP) is very easy in Pune. To apply for an International Driving Licence in Pune, you can visit the nearest RTO with the following documents:
- Duly-filled application form for international driving licence
- Valid Indian driving licence
- Challan proving you paid the concerned fee
- Medical clearance certificate
- Identity proof
- Proof of residence
- Two passport size photographs
Once you carry all the documents and visit the RTO, an RTO official will verify your documents. Upon successful verification and after paying the prescribed fees, your IDP will be issued.
Go ahead and get your RTO-related work done right today.