If you own a vehicle and are a resident of Pune, then you will have to apply for a driving licence to ride or drive your vehicles on the road of Pune. However, before applying for a driving licence, you will have to submit an application for a learner’s licence.
We will list down the steps you will have to follow when applying for a learner’s licence in Pune both online and offline.
You can apply for a learner’s licence by visiting the official website for the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways also known as Parivahan Sewa website. The steps to apply for a learner’s licence through Parivahan website are given below:
- Visit the Parivahan official website.
- On the menu section click on ‘Driving Licence Related Services’ under ‘Online Services’. You will be directed to a new page.
- Select the state in which you reside from the drop-down box. Select Maharashtra in this case if you reside in Pune.
- Select the RTO office from where you wish to apply for your learner’s licence from the drop-down menu.
- Under ‘Driving Licence’ option, click on ‘Apply Online’, under which you will find the option ‘New Learner’s Licence’.
- As you click on ‘New Learner’s Licence’ you will be directed to a new page where you must click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will be directed to a new page where if you are applying for a learner’s licence for the first time, you can select the option ‘Applicant does not hold Driving/ Learner Licence’ and click on ‘Submit’.
- You will be directed to a page where you will have to provide necessary details such as your name, email ID, phone number, etc. You will also be required to enter the RTO office where you want to apply for the learner’s licence. You can also enter the PIN Code of the area in which you reside to find the nearest RTO office.
- Once you have filled all the details, check it once and click on ‘Submit’.
- The next steps will require you to upload all the necessary documents including your photograph and signature.
- After the submission of the documents, you will then have to book a time and date on which you would like to appear for your learner’s licence test.
- Pay the registration fee.
- Once you pass your test, the RTO office will send you the learner’s licence to your communication address.
You can also apply for a learner’s licence by visiting the Department of Motor Vehicles, Maharashtra website. You will have to provide your details and submit the necessary documents. Select a slot for your test, and if you clear it, a learner’s licence will be issued in your name.
You can either download the application or get a form by visiting the nearest RTO office if you wish to apply for a learner’s licence offline. Make sure you carry all the relevant documents including passport size photographs of yours. Once you submit all the documents, pay the registration fee and choose a slot for your learner’s licence test. Once you clear the test, a learner’s licence will be issued to you.
Given below is the eligibility criteria you must fulfill before applying for a learner’s licence in Pune:
- Minimum age should be 16 years if you want to apply for a learner’s licence for a non-geared motorcycle. The minimum ages of eligibility to obtain a licence for a light motor vehicle and a commercial vehicle in Pune are 18 years and 20 years respectively.
- You must have passed at least 8th standard of schooling.
- You must be aware of the traffic rules and regulations in Pune.
Documents to be submitted
Given below is the list of documents you will have to submit while applying for a leaner’s licence in Pune:
- Form Number 2 duly filled and signed by you.
- Duly filled and signed Medical Certificate Form 1 and Physical Fitness Certificate Form 1A.
- Proof of age such as PAN Card, Passport, etc.
- Proof of address such as Aadhaar, Passport, Utility Bills, etc.
- Application Fee of Rs.151 for the application form and Rs.50 for the test.
- Passport sized photographs.
These are the steps you will have to follow when applying for a learner’s licence. Make sure you have all the documents, and ensure all the details entered by you in the application form are correct. Once you appear for the test and clear it, you will either receive your learner’s licence on the very same day or it will be sent to your communication address within a few days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
When will the learner’s licence in Pune be issued if I have successfully passed the learner’s licence test?
If you have successfully passed the learner’s licence test in Pune, the learner’s licence will be issued on the very same day. However, if you have not cleared the test, then you can still take the test again on another day.
In what languages can I take the learner’s licence test in Pune?
The learner’s licence test is usually available in English, Hindi, and any of the officially recognised languages of the state of Maharashtra.
What is the duration and maximum marks for the Pune learner’s licence test?
The maximum duration of the Pune learner’s licence test is 20 minutes with 20 questions in the test, so you will get about 30 seconds to read and answer each question. The questions are objective type with multiple choice options.A minimum of 16 questions have to be answered correctly to pass the test (80% is the minimum marks required to pass the learner’s licence test in Pune).
What kind of questions should be expected for the learner’s licence test in Pune?
The learner’s licence test in Pune is a written test that is conducted in the presence of a motor vehicles inspector. The questions will be associated with the rules and regulations as per the Motor Vehicles Act in India. There will be questions about traffic signs, rules, and safety regulations.
What are the guidelines when driving a vehicle with a learner’s licence in Pune?
When driving a vehicle in Pune with a learner’s licence, you should always be accompanied by a per son who has a valid and permanent driving licence in India. The letter “L’' should be pasted, in the color red, on the windscreen and back of your vehicle as well.