Wanderlust is the new buzzword that is going around. With globalization and better connectivity opening up avenues for individuals to travel around the world and explore everything a lot more easily and quickly, travelling has become the new buzzword. The cost of travelling around is also not as high as before allowing not just those with heavy pockets, but even those on a strict budget to explore to their heart’s content. However, the most important document that individuals need is their passport.
A Passport is an official document provided by the government allowing the individual to travel to and from the native country under the protection of the government. This document contains information about the holder such as their name, address, signature, photograph etc., ensuring that this document also serves as an important proof of address and identity.
Generally procuring a passport is quite a lengthy process. Individuals will have to first avail the application form from one of the Passport Seva Kendra offices or from the official website of the Passport Seva Kendra, fill it and submit with the necessary documentation. Individuals will then be called for an interview after which their documents will be verified. A police verification will also be carried out and after all procedures are completed, individuals will receive their Passport by post. However, there are a few changes made in the procedure by External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj, allowing individuals to receive their passport in as early as a week. The procedure to procure Passport quickly is as follows -
- Individuals will have to procure or download the application form for a Passport from any of the Passport Seva Kendra(PSK) centres or the website. This form will have to be filled in completely.
- Applicants will have to book an appointment for passport at the closest Passport Seva Kendra.
- Four documents required for passport which are needed to procure a Passport at the earliest, these documents are - Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID along with an affidavit of no criminal case.
- The filled in application form along with the documents will have to submitted.
- After the grant officer has verified the documents and has approved them, applicants will receive their Passport.
- A police verification will be conducted at a later date.
The above services are possible due to an app called the ‘Passport Police App’ allowing quick submission of police verification. Otherwise previously, due to a delay in the police verification, individuals would receive their Passport after a few weeks. This app ensures that Police Verification Reports of the individual are directly fed into the system resulting in paperless work as well.
By following the above steps, individuals will be able to receive their Passport at the earliest without having to wait for a longer time than necessary.
How To Articles
Read Other Articles