When you purchase a second-hand car, it is a must to transfer the ownership of the vehicle within 30 days. Failing to do so, will require a fine of Rs.500. The ownership of the vehicle has to be done at the RTO in Gurgaon where you reside. If the new owner does not belong to the state, he or she will have to obtain a No Objection Certificate or NOC from the original RTO and only then the transfer of ownership can be initiated.
Procedure for Application of Transfer of Vehicle Ownership in Gurgaon
For the application of transfer of the vehicle in Gurgaon, here are the steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Getting a No Objection Certificate
A No Objection Certificate (NOC) is mandatory to procure if the buyer and seller belong to different RTO zones. For this, the car needs to be de-registered from its original RTO and be registered at the new RTO and a NOC will have to be taken from the original RTO after filling and submitting Form 28.
However, if the car is not a registered vehicle of Delhi, then the NOC has to be applied for after filing and submitting a Form 29 at the original RTO.
Along with Form 29, a set of additional documents will need to be submitted which are:
- Attested RC copy
- Form 28
- Documents for proof of payment of road tax (Only commercial vehicles)
- Valid insurance
- NOC from traffic police
- Valid PUC Certificate
- NOC from the financing bank if the car is under hypothecation
- Clearance from NCRB
Step 2: Re-registration of the vehicle after inter-state transfer (if the vehicle belongs to a different state)
If your vehicle belongs to a different state, the documents required for re-registration of the vehicle are:
- Form 20
- NOC from previous RTO
- Original RC from another state
- PAN Card, Form 60, or Form 61
- Form 33
- Attested address proof copy
- Form 27
- Passport-size photos of the applicant
- Attested PUC Certificate copy
- Attested copy of the valid driving licence of the car owner
- Lending bank NOC if the vehicle is under a loan
Step 3: Road Tax Payment
If the vehicle does not belong to Gurgaon, the road tax will be required to be paid again.
- Updated and signed Form 16
- Copy of the new registration certificate
- Application for road tax refund
- Insurance policy with new registration number
- Proof of ID
- Copy of the old registration certificate
- Address proof
Documents Required for the Transfer of the Vehicle Ownership in Gurgaon
- Original RC
- Form 30
- Copy of valid insurance
- Form 29 which filled
- Copy of Residential Certificate
- Copy of valid pollution under control certificate
- Crime Report of N.C.R.B.
Transfer Ownership of Vehicle in Gurgaon FAQs
How long does the procedure of RC transfer take?
The entire procedure of the RC transfer can take up to 30 working days.
How can you check the RC transfer status?
You can check the status of your RC transfer on the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
Does the RC transfer require the presence of the seller?
No, the seller’s presence is not required during the process of the RC transfer.