The Electricity Department, Government of Goa provides electricity to the state of Goa. You have the option of paying your electricity bill both online and offline in a simple and hassle-free manner.
Goa Electricity Bill Payment
There are various methods through which you can pay your electricity bill online. Some of them are listed below:
- The official website of Goa Electricity Board
- Google Pay
You can pay your electricity bill by either visiting the Goa Electricity Department office or by simply dropping your bill with a cheque at the nearest bill collection centre.
How to pay Goa Electricity Bill online
On the official website of Goa Electricity Board
- Visit the official website of Goa Electricity Board by clicking on the link https://www.goaelectricity.gov.in/Home_page.aspx
- On the right-hand side of the page, click on ‘Pay Online’.
- You will be directed to another page where you can pay your bill if you have either an HDFC account or a TJSB Sahakari Bank account.
- If you have an HDFC Bank account, click on the HDFC Bank account. You will be directed to a new page where you will have to provide your ‘Contract Account Number’, followed by the captcha in the box given. Click on ‘Fetch Details’.
- You will be able to view the bill amount you have to pay. Click on ‘Proceed’ to complete the payment using either your credit or debit card or even through HDFC net banking. Once the payment is successful, save the receipt for future reference.
- If you have an account with TJSB Bank, click on the TJSB Sahakari Bank icon. A new page will appear on your screen where you will have to provide your ‘Contract Account Number’, followed by your mobile number and email ID.
- Click on ‘I am not a robot’ and complete the security process and click on ‘Fetch Bill’.
- You will be able to view the details of your bill amount after which you can proceed to complete the payment. You can pay either by using your TJSB Sahakari Bank credit or debit card or through TJSB Sahakari Bank net banking. Once the payment is completed, you can save the receipt for future reference.
- Open the Google Pay app on your smartphone.
- Click on ‘New payment’.
- Click on ‘Bill payments’.
- Click on ‘Electricity’.
- Click on ‘Goa Electricity Department’.
- If you are paying your bill using Google Pay for the first time then you will have to link your electricity board account by clicking on ‘Get Started’ and then providing your ‘Contract Account Number’.
- Once you have linked your account, you can then enter the billing amount and complete the payment. You will receive a message confirming the successful payment of your electricity bill.
- Open the PhonePe app on your smartphone.
- Under ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’, click on ‘Electricity’.
- Under ‘All Billers’ select ‘Goa Electricity Department’.
- Enter your ‘Contract Account Number’ and follow the steps to complete the payment of your bill. Once the payment is successful, you will receive a message confirming the successful payment of the electricity bill.
- Open the Paytm app on your phone.
- Click on ‘Recharge & Pay Bills’ and then click on ‘Electricity’.
- Under ‘Electricity Boards’, select Goa.
- Enter your ‘Contract Account Number’ and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Paytm will fetch the bill and you will be able to view the billing amount.
- Complete the payment process. Once the payment is done, Paytm will send you a confirmation message for the same to your mobile number.
You can use e-Wallets like Amazon Pay, Freecharge, Mobikwik, etc., to pay your Goa Electricity Bill. All you have to do is enter your ‘Contract Account Number’ following which you can complete the payment of your bill.
- You can visit the Goa Electricity Board office to pay your electricity bill.
- There are various bill collection centres in Goa where you can pay your Goa electricity bill. You can click on the link https://www.goaelectricity.gov.in/Regulations/Bill%20Collection%20Centres.pdf to find out the bill collection centre nearest to you.
Goa Electricity Board Customer Care
- In case of a query, you can call the toll-free number 1912. This service is available 24x7 for the customers of Goa Electricity Board.
- In case you reside outside Goa and have a query or complaint, then you can call the number 91-832-2490800.
- Are there any charges levied if I pay my bill through HDFC Bank payment gateway?
No, there are no charges levied if you pay your bill through HDFC Bank payment gateway.
- Which banks have been authorised by Goa Electricity Board to facilitate the payment of electricity bills online?
HDFC Bank and TJSB Sahakari Bank have been authorised to facilitate the payment of electricity bills online.
- I have a bank account with Axis Bank. How can I pay my Goa electricity bill online?
You can pay your Goa electricity bill through Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm, or any other e-Wallet.
- Is there an online electricity bill calculator offered by Goa Electricity Board on their website?
Yes, you can visit the Goa Electricity Board website and click on ‘Online Electricity Bill Calculator’ under ‘General Information’ available on the left-hand side of the page to calculate the bill you have to pay.
- I have to change the name of the registered customer? What do I have to do?
Visit the Goa electricity Board website, and on there, under the 'General Information' section on the left, find the tab labelled 'Downloads' and click on it. You will be able to view the name change form on your screen. Take a printout, duly fill the form, ensure all the information you have entered is correct, and submit it to the Goa Electricity Board office. The change in name will reflect in the next bill that is generated.