ICICI Bank FASTag program is based on the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) initiative started by NPCI under the guidelines of NHAI and IHMCL to facilitate effortless toll payments. The bank issues a small rectangular 10x5 cm tag under this program for automatic toll collection at the toll plazas. With this facility you can enjoy cashless payment at more than 407 toll plazas across the country.
What is ICICI Bank FASTag and how does it work?
It is a small rectangular 10x5 cm tag which allows automatic deduction of toll charges at toll plazas. The device is made of high-grade paper and contains chip and antenna inside its layers. It uses Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology for functioning and is directly linked to a prepaid account from which the toll amount is deducted.
With this tag affixed to your vehicle you can pass through a toll plaza without stopping and waiting in the queue to make cash payment. After the activation of the tag account, the tag is attached to the windscreen of the vehicle. When you drive through a toll plaza using the dedicated FASTag lanes, the tag readers read the information contained in the tag and deduct the applicable toll fee.
Features and benefits of ICICI Bank FASTag Program:
- You needn't stop at the toll plazas to pay the applicable toll by cash when you have an active FASTag account.
- While travelling through the State Highways and National Highways you don’t have to carry cash for making toll payments.
- You can recharge your tag account online by means of ICICI Credit Card, Debit Card, NEFT, RTGS, UPI or Net Banking.
- The device is interoperable and thus you can use the same device at multiple toll stations that are integrated with the FASTag program.
- The bank will provide you a FASTag customer portal wherein you can access your account statement anytime by logging in.
- You can get 2.5% cashback when you transact through ICICI Bank FASTag on the National Highway plazas till 31 March 2020.
- You can opt for cashless toll payment on toll plazas at Outer Ring road.
- You can enjoy 50% off on toll charges for return journey within 24 hours if you pay through ICICI Bank FASTag.
- For every transaction performed on your FASTag account you will receive SMS alerts on your mobile number registered with the bank.
- For customers with updated KYC documents the FASTag Account recharge limit is Rs.1 lakh and for non-KYC customers, the recharge limit is only Rs.20,000.
How to apply for an ICICI Bank FASTag?
Online application process
You can apply for an ICICI Bank FASTag online only for car, jeep and light motor vehicle (LMV) class. Here are the steps:
- step 1:Go to the ICICI Bank FASTag web portal at https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/cards/prepaid/fastag/index.page#
- step 2:Click on ‘Apply Now’ on the home page.
- step 3:A form will appear on the screen which you need to fill up with your personal information. Select your ID proof from driving license, voter ID card, passport (first and last page), and PAN card, enter the ID proof no, and upload a copy of the ID proof on the portal. Click on 'Next'.
- step 4:Enter your address details and vehicle details in the next two steps.
- step 5:When done, cross check your particulars and click on ‘Confirm Application’.
Next, pay the applicable fees depending on the class of your vehicle. Upon successful verification of your documents you will be issued with an ICICI Bank FASTag.
Offline application process
To apply for an ICICI Bank FASTag offline, visit the POS locations of ICICI Bank at your nearest toll plaza with the following KYC documents:
- Registration Certificate (RC Book) of the vehicle
- Duly filled and signed application form for Axis Bank FASTag
- A valid driving license for address proof and ID proof
- Passport-size photograph of the vehicle owner/customer
- KYC documents of the vehicle owner
- Individual customer: PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport, Voter ID card, etc.
- Corporate customer:
- For a Proprietorship, proprietor’s address proof, PAN card, Shop Act, and other Firm proof are required.
- For a partnership/private limited/public limited company, corporate’s PAN card,signing authority's photo ID, names and addresses of directors and partners, and Registration Certificate/Partnership Deed/Certificate of Incorporation of the firm are required.
Once you pay the applicable fees and charges, the bank will create a FASTag account by your name and issue a FASTag against it. After it gets activated, a bank representative will affix the tag on the windscreen of your vehicle. Thus, it is mandatory to take your vehicle along with to the POS.
Fees and charges of ICICI Bank FASTag program
1. Joining Fee :Rs.99.12
2. One-time Tag Deposit Amount
|Tag Class||Vehicle Type||Tag Class||Tag Colour||Tag Deposit||Threshold Amount|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van||4||Violet||Rs.200||Rs.200|
|4||TATA Ace and similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||4||Violet||Rs.200||Rs.100|
|5||Light Commercial Vehicle/Mini Bus||5||Orange||Rs.300||Rs.140|
|6||Bus 3 Axle||6||Yellow||Rs.400||Rs.300|
|6||Truck 3 Axle||6||Yellow||Rs.500||Rs.300|
|7||Bus 2 Axle/Truck 2 Axle||7||Green||Rs.400||Rs.300|
|12||Tractor/Tractor with trailer/Truck 4/5/6 Axle||12||Pink||Rs.500||Rs.300|
|15||Truck 7 Axle and above||15||Blue||Rs.500||Rs.300|
|16||Earth Moving/Heavy Construction Machinery||16||Black||Rs.500||Rs.300|
3. Convenience Fee for Online Recharge
|Payment Option||Applicable Amount|
|ICICI Bank CIB and RIB||Free|
|Debit Card||0.2% to 0.85% of the transaction value|
|Credit Card||1.8% of transaction value|
|Internet Banking||1% to 1.65% of the transaction value|
*Convenience fee will be applicable only for online recharge.
Procedure to recharge your FASTag online
You can recharge your ICICI Bank FASTag account online via modes such as credit card, debit card. UPI, NEFT/RTGS, or Internet Banking.
Steps to recharge through credit card/debit/card/internet banking
- Visit https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CUSTLOGIN/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fCUSTLOGIN
- Enter your user ID and password
- Navigate to ‘Payments’ and click on ‘Recharge Account’
- Select 'Pay to CUG Wallet' for recharging your FASTag CUG wallet or 'Pay to Tag Accounts' for recharging your FASTag Account.
- Enter the amount that you want to recharge.
- Select the desired payment mode as per your convenience.
- If you want to pay through cards or net banking choose 'Pay by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking' and click on 'Make Payment'. Click on the desired card/internet banking.
- For credit card/debit card transactions, enter the 16-digit card number, card expiry date, and CVV. Then, validate the transaction with the OTP sent to your mobile number. For paying via internet banking login to the respective bank’s internet banking with your CIB or RIB user ID and password, authenticate with OTP, and follow the steps to complete the transaction.
Steps to recharge through NEFT/RTGS/IMPS:
For recharging FASTag CUG Wallet:
- ICICI Bank users need to log in to their internet banking account.
- Go to ‘Payments & Transfer’.
- Under ‘Fund Transfer’ choose an account in any other bank through NEFT, RTGS or IMPS with IFSC code.
- Then add payee using the following details:
- Beneficiary Account Name: ETCPOOL
- Beneficiary Account Number: ETCCUG <8-digit CustID>
- IFSC code: ICIC0000106
Note- Non-ICICI Bank users need to add Payee in their bank accounts on NEFT/ RTGS module.
- Authenticate and initiate an NEFT/ RTGS transaction after 30 minutes.
Your wallet will be loaded with the amount within 4-5 business hours of fund transfer.
Steps to recharge FASTag account through NEFT/RTGS/IMPS
- Click on ‘Recharge account’.
- Choose ‘Pay to Tag Accounts’.
- Enter the desired recharge amount.
- Select the payment mode as ‘Pay by NEFT’
- A voucher number will be generated.
- Click on ‘Generate Challan’ and follow the instructions given in the challan.
- Initiate an NEFT/ RTGS transfer with the exact details given in the challan.
Alternately, you can recharge your ICICI Bank FASTag account through offline modes like cash or cheque. This facility is available at Point of Sales (POS) locations of ICICI Bank.
Steps to recharge through UPI app
You can make UPI payment to recharge your ICICI Bank FASTag account from any UPI based payment app using the following VPA format:
- For tag loading: netc.< vehicle number>@icici
- For CUG loading: netc.ib < 8-digit Customer ID>@icici
Customer Care Details for ICICI Bank FASTag
- Toll-free customer helpline number: 1800-210-0104
- Chargeable number: 1860-267-0104
FAQ's on ICICI FASTag
- Whom should I report the delay in FASTag delivery?
To report the delay in FASTag delivery, call the customer care number of ICICI Bank. The executives will let you know about the status of your tag and take the required action.
- Where can I use the ICICI Bank FASTag?
You can use the FASTag at more than 400 toll plazas that are integrated with the NETC program. To use the FASTag you will have to pass through the designated FASTag lanes in the toll plazas.
- Can I avail concessions if I am a local vehicle owner or frequent FASTag user?
Yes, you can avail concessions if you live within 10 km of a toll plaza or if you are a frequent FASTag user.
- What to do if the toll collection staff misbehaves with me?
In case the collection staff misbehaves with you, you can lodge a complaint with the Project Directors of the respective toll plaza. They will take required action.
- How to block ICICI FASTag account in the event of loss or theft?
Contact the customer care number to block your FASTag account. Once you have created a new account, the balance in the old account will be transferred to the new one.