The Regional Transport Offices (RTO) in Pune operates under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988. The Pune RTO office makes it easier to get your vehicle-related permits and licenses at one place.
|RTO Region||RTO Code||Office Address||Office Timings||Phone Numbers|
|Pune||MH-12||39, Dr Ambedkar Road, Near Sangam bridge, Pune - 411 001||10AM - 5PM||020-26058090|
Functions of RTO Office in Pune
The major function of the Pune RTO is to ensure that all the rules and regulations under the Motor Vehicle Act are followed. Given below are some of the functions of the Pune RTO office:
- Issuing license
- Renewal of driving license
- Issuing registration card
- Renewing registration card
- Collection of road taxes
- Issuing learner’s license
- Issuing permits, levies, and collecting taxes under the Bombay Motor Vehicle Act, 1958
- Regulations of vehicles registered under Maharashtra Motor Vehicles
Types of Vehicle Registration in Pune RTO
There are two types of vehicle registrations that have to be completed within the stipulated time limits. Every vehicle that plies on the roads in Pune has to have an RC.
Temporary Vehicle Registration: When a new vehicle is purchased, the vehicle dealer will issue this, which is valid for up to one month from the date of delivery.
Permanent Vehicle Registration: This should be applied for as soon as or before the temporary vehicle registration expires. This is valid for 15 years from the date of registration.
Types of Driving Licences issued in RTO Pune
The following are the licenses that applicants above the age of 18 can apply for:
- Two-wheeler without gear: Known as MCWOG Class (Motor Cycle without Gear) for two-wheelers which don’t have gears, like scooters
- Two-wheeler with gear: Known as MCWG class (Motor Cycle with Gear) for scooters and bikes which have gear
- LMVs: For Light Motor Vehicle. This includes cars, three-wheelers, jeeps, vans, etc.
- Medium/Heavy Commercial vehicles: For commercially used vehicles which are medium or heavy passenger or goods, such as trucks, buses, or trailers
For those 16 years of age or above, the following license can be applied for:
Motorcycle with an engine capacity of upto 50cc
Taxi and autorickshaw drivers do not require separate commercial driving licences as their LMV licence is mandated by law to be sufficient for the purpose.
How to transfer ownership of vehicle in Pune
A vehicle that is bought from another state can only be driven in Pune after it is registered with the Pune RTO even if it has been already registered with another state RTO.
To get the new registration, the following documents are required:
- Form 20
- Form 21
- Form 28/No Objection Certificate from the financer if the vehicle is bought on loan
- Form 29 and 30 to transfer the ownership of the vehicle
- Form 33 in case of address change
- Form AT and FT
- Form TCR and TCA if the vehicle is bought for commercial purposes
- Affidavit on non-involvement in crime, accident, or theft