Applying for a learning licence in Tripura has been made easier with the introduction of the online application system. This allows people to apply for a licence from home without visiting an RTO. Having a learner’s licence is a must to apply for a permanent driver’s licence. You can apply for a learner’s licence in Tripura via online and offline methods.
Types of Learner’s Licence in Tripura
- Non-geared motorcycles.
- Medium Goods Vehicles.
- Geared motorcycles.
- HGV or Heavy Goods Vehicles.
- MPV or Medium Passenger Vehicles.
- HPV or Heavy Passenger Vehicles.
- Invalid Carriage.
- LMV or Light Motor Vehicles.
- Motor vehicles with specific descriptions.
Online Application for a Learner’s Licence in Tripura
To apply for a learner’s licence online, applicants can visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways at https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ to download the application form. You can also visit the official website of the Transport Department of Tripura at https://tsu.trp.nic.in/transport/ to under the application procedure.
The application form must be downloaded and filled out by the applicant and the documents required must be scanned and uploaded on the website. Once done, the application fee must be paid online and then you can choose a date and time to appear for the learner’s licence test.
Once the applicant passes the test, the learner’s licence is given on the same day at the RTO or sent to the registered address of the RTO.
Offline Application for a Learner’s Licence in Tripura
You can also apply for a learner’s licence in Tripura offline by visiting your nearest RTO. The application form will be available at the RTO which must be duly filled. Along with the form, the required documents must be attached to the application form and submitted at the RTO.
After the form is verified, you will be required to pay the fees for the test. Once done, you can choose a date and time to appear for the test. After passing the test, the RTO will issue your learner’s licence on the same day or send it to your registered address by post.
Procedure to Apply for a Learner’s Licence Online in Tripura
- Visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways at parivahan.gov.
- Click on the ‘Online Services Tab’.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘Driving Licence Related Services’.
- Select your state.
- Once done, click on the ‘Apply Online’ option and select ‘New Learner’s Licence.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- Fill in the required details and click on ‘Submit’.
- After this, you will need to upload the required documents and pay the application fee.
- Once done, choose your desired slot date and time and visit the closest RTO to give your test.
Procedure to Apply for a Learner’s Licence Offline in Tripura
- Visit the RTO nearest to you.
- Request for the application form or you can also download the forms from the official website and fill in the information.
- Attach the required documents to the application form.
- Once done, submit the forms along with the passport size photographs.
- Pay the application fee and choose a slot for the driving test.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Learner’s Licence in Tripura
- You must be at least 20 years old to apply for a commercial vehicle learner’s licence.
- For a Light Motor Vehicle learner’s licence, you must be 18 years old.
- At 16 years old, you can apply for a learner’s licence for a Light Motor Vehicle below 50 cc.
Documents Required to Apply for a Learner’s Licence in Tripura
- Duly filled Form 2
- Duly filled Form 1 and Form 1A.
- Proof of age – Aadhaar card, Voter ID, Passport, etc.
- Proof of address – Passport, Ration Card, Aadhaar card.
Along with these documents, you must also submit passport size photos and an application fee of Rs.150.
Applying for a Duplicate Learner’s Licence in Tripura
If your learner’s licence has been misplaced, lost, stolen, or damaged, you can apply for a duplicate learner’s licence. However, it is advised that you inform the RTO about the same immediately and lodge an FIR with the police. The FIR can be attached to your application form for a duplicate learner’s licence.
Documents Required for a Duplicate Learner’s Licence in Tripura
- Duly filled form LLD.
- Application fee for the duplicate learner’s licence.
- FIR lodged with the police if your original licence was stolen.
- Additional documents required.
- Details of the learner’s licence along with an affidavit stating the reason for the loss.
Steps to Apply for a Duplicate Learner’s Licence in Tripura (Offline/Online)
- Step 1: Visit the nearest RTO office or the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Step 2: Fill in the LLD application form.
- Step 2: Attach the requested documents along with 2 passport-size photos.
- Step 3: Enter the details of your misplaced or stolen learner’s licence.
- Step 4: If stolen, lodge an FIR and attach a copy of the same with the application form.
- Step 5: Pay the required fee for the duplicate learner’s licence.
Making Corrections in the Learner’s Licence
If any of the information on your learner’s licence is incorrect, you can request the RTO to make changes to the licence. A written application must be submitted to the RTO along with the documents for proof containing the right information.
The corrections to be made on your learner’s licence can only be made by the RTO that issued your licence. While requesting to make changes, the specified documents by the RTO must be submitted along with a copy of your licence. Once the application is approved, a nominal fee must be paid for the new learner’s licence that will be issued to you by the RTO.
Booking a Test Slot for the Learner’s Licence in Tripura
- Visit parivahan.gov.
- In the drop-down menu under the ‘Online Services Tab’, click on ‘Driving Licence Related Services’.
- Select the state.
- Click on the ‘Appointments’ tab and select ‘Learner’s Licence Test’.
- Enter your application number, date of birth, and the verification code, and click on ‘Submit’.
- Select the desired slot and click on ‘Confirm’.
FAQs on Learner’s Licence in Tripura
What is the validity period of the learner’s licence?
Once issued, the learner’s licence will be valid for a period of 6 months.
Can my address be changed on the learner’s licence?
Yes, you can make changes to your address on the learner’s licence by requesting a change and submitting it to the RTO that issued the licence along with the documents required for proof.
What is the fee for the application form and the test in Tripura?
The application form is priced at Rs.150 and for the test, a fee of Rs.50 is charged.
Can I add another class of vehicles to the learner’s licence?
Yes, you can add other class of vehicles to the licence by paying a nominal fee of Rs.30.