Launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, the main aim of the Standard Training Assessment & Reward (STAR) scheme is to encourage skill development among the youth. Under the scheme, monetary rewards are provided in case individuals successfully complete the approved training programmes.
Features of STAR Scheme
The main features of the scheme are mentioned below:
- Implementation of the scheme is done via Public-Public and Public-Private partnerships.
- On completion of the programme, a STAR certificate will be provided by the Government of India, NSDC, RASCI/GJSCI. The certificate will be valid across India.
- On completion of the programme, incentives worth approximately Rs.10 lakh will be provided within one year from the date the scheme was launched.
Nature of Assistance
- Training bodies and assessment for all details of the scheme will be different. Therefore, there will be no overlap in the roles. The main aim of this move is to ensure objectivity and transparency.
- Consideration will be provided to backward sections that are not financially sound.
- The Ministry of Finance, Government of India, will provide the monetary reward for the scheme. The reward will be provided via direct bank transfer into the account of the beneficiary.
STAR Scheme Eligibility
- Only individuals who avail the skill development programme from an eligible provider can avail the scheme.
- In case the training provider does not have any previous affiliation with any NSDC or government institution, they must go through a pre-screening procedure. The pre-screening procedure will be as per an Affiliation Protocol that has been prepared by the NSDC/SSC.
- The individual must have completed 10th Class and must be at least 18 years old.
Procedure to apply for STAR Scheme
The details on the procedure to apply for the scheme can be found on http://www.nscsindia.org/. You can also visit any SSC to get the details. Individuals can also visit the below-mentioned address to get details on the application procedure:
- National Skill Development Corporation,
- Block A, Clarion Collection, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
- New Delhi – 110016.