The Marketing Assistance Scheme was launched with the main aim of improving the marketing capabilities and competitiveness of the Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). The scheme was launched by the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises.
Objectives of Marketing Assistance Scheme
The main objectives of the Marketing Assistance Scheme are mentioned below:
- To highlight the competencies of MSMEs.
- To form a consortium of MSMEs to market their services and products.
- To propagate/disseminate various government programs.
- To provide MSMEs the details of the market scenario and its effect on various activities.
- A platform will be provided to MSMEs so that they can interact with institutional buyers.
- To improve the skills of MSMEs.
Marketing Assistance Scheme Highlights & Benefits
The main highlights and benefits of the Marketing Assistance Scheme are mentioned below:
- The overall ceiling of the net budgetary support for participation in an international trade fair or exhibition will be Rs.30 lakh per event. However, the overall ceiling may be increased to Rs.40 lakh in the case of Latin American countries.
- For the organisation of domestic trade fairs or exhibitions, the budget would depend on the various components that are required. Some of the components that are considered are transportation, printing material, advertisement, theme pavilion, fabricating, construction, and rent. The maximum expenditure may be limited to Rs.45 lakh.
- Financial assistance ranging between 25% and 95% of the space rent and airfare will be provided to entrepreneurs. However, the amount that is provided will be based on the type and size of the enterprise.
The maximum amount of financial assistance that will be provided for transportation and air-fare charges for General Category is mentioned in the table below:
|Type of Enterprise||Other Countries||Latin America|
|Micro Enterprises||Rs.2 lakh||Rs.2.40 lakh|
|Small Enterprises||Rs.1.75 lakh||Rs.2.10 lakh|
|Medium Enterprises||Rs.1 lakh||Rs.1.25 lakh|
Marketing Assistance Scheme Eligibility
Organisations such as the industry associations and MSMEs that are related to the MSME sector are eligible to apply for the scheme. Support may also be provided to several organisations, industry associations, and institutions that help in promoting MSMEs and organise fairs or exhibitions within India that benefits the MSME sector. The support that will be given is done by co-sponsoring the event.
Application Process for Marketing Assistance Scheme
The application form along with all the relevant details must be submitted to the Branch Manager at the nearest National Small Industries Corporation office. The guidelines of the scheme can be found on the official website of the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises.