You can download the application form for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana from the scheme’s official website, fill it out, and submit it at the local bank branch. You will also have to provide some documents along with the form to avail this scheme.
Update from India Govt about Covid-19
The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana scheme, amounting to Rs.1.7 lakh crore, was launched by the Government of India to ease the economic challenges faced by the poor due to the slowdown caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. As part of this scheme, over 8 crore beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana will be provided a total of 3 LPG gas cylinders between the months of April to June 2020. These 14.2 kg LPG cylinders will be provided totally free of cost. The cost of this to the government will be Rs.13,000 crore.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is an excellent and innovative scheme to boost social security in the country and to ensure that all citizens in all parts of country are connected financially. The scheme aims to foster the saving trend in citizens by making available a savings account to each family in the urban, semi-urban as well as rural parts of the nation. The scheme also brings along an inter-linked life insurance as well as accidental insurance policy. This will help bring crores of Indians under the purview of insurance protection who otherwise are unable to afford insurance.
Children above the age of 10 years can open a bank account under PM Jan Dhan Yojana
Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, there are several zero balance accounts being opened for the rural population of the country. Along with this, there have been other services being provided to ensure that every person has access to these facilities. Recently, the government has allowed the opening of bank accounts for minors who are children above the age of 10. Under the Jan Dhan Yojana, the account can be opened in any branch of the bank or post office payment bank outlet.
Any child who has documents which are verified by the government can open an account. However, since the children are minor, the guardian of the child will be operating the account under the name of the child. The ATM card will also be issued under the name of the child. Once, the child turns 18, the bank will hand the ownership of the account to the child after the latter submits the required documents.
To open the account, parents can submit any of the valid identity proof documents such as passport, Aadhaar card or even ration card. If these documents are not available, then any of the documents issued by the central government can be submitted through which identity can be verified.
Financial Inclusion Account Opening Form (Jan Dhan Yojana Application Form)
The application form for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is known as Financial Inclusion Account Opening Form, based on the aim of financial inclusion that the scheme wishes to realize. Following are the contents of the form which needs to be duly filled and submitted in order to avail the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Scheme.
Bank Details where the account is being opened
- Name of the Bank Branch
- Name of the applicant’s Village or Town
- Sub District or Block Name
- SSA Code or Ward Number
- Village Code or Town Code
Scheme Applicant’s Details
- Full Name
- Marital Status
- Name of Father/Spouse
- Pin Code
- Telephone and Mobiel No.
- Aadhar Number
- MNREGA Job Card Number
- Annual Income
- Number of dependents
- Asset Details
- Existing Bank Account Number if any
- Kisan Credit Card Details
- Name of Nominee
- Date of Birth of Nominee in case of minor
- Person authorized to receive funds in the event of minor nominee’s death
Process for Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Account Opening
A duly filled copy of the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana form is to be submitted to the bank where you are opening your account. Usually all participating banks will have a Jan Dhan Yojana dedicated desk where you will be helped by Jan Dhan Professionals called Bank Mitr who will help you with the form submission and account opening procedure in order to obtain Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Account. The account opening form needs to be submitted along with certain ID proofs like identity and address proofs. However, applicants with a valid Aadhar number will not be required to submit any extra proofs. Also, two passport sized photographs needs to be furnished to the bank at the time of account opening.
Once the documents are submitted, account will be opened in a few working days and the applicant will be given a passbook, a cheque book, a RUPay Debit card and in some cases a Jan Dhan Yojana Information kit by the bank.
Download Application Form for Jan Dhan Yojana Bank Account
- To apply for the account, you will be required to download the application form in PDF format (available in Hindi and English) from the official website for the scheme. You can choose a file of either language, as per your convenience.
- In the downloaded form, you have to fill in the name of the bank, along with the bank code. Also update the bank branch, name of the village and town, block name/sub district, district, state, ward number/SSA code, village code, and town code.
- Enter your personal information, such as name, address, occupation, Aadhaar number, annual income, existing bank accounts of your family members, and details of your kisan credit card. You should also tick the checkbox in order to receive a Rupay debit card.
- You should next enter the nomination details and submit the form to the nearest bank branch.
- You should ensure that the form is filled in accurately. In case you have any queries, you can approach the bank officials for clarification before submitting the form.
In addition to the application form you will be required to submit the following documents to avail the benefits of this scheme:
- Ration card
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Permanent/temporary address proof that could be an electricity bill, water bill, or gas connection bill.
- Aadhaar card
- Government ID proof
- Any other documents as requested by the bank
Once the account has been set up, the account holder can take a loan of up to Rs.5,000 from the bank after 6 months of opening the account. This loan benefit will offer consolation to many beneficiaries under the scheme who are below the poverty line. They can utilise this loan amount to invest in more profitable ventures or in agricultural prospects.
Account holders under the scheme can also avail insurance coverage worth Rs.30,000 if they satisfy certain conditions. This includes being in possession of an accidental insurance coverage above Rs.2 lakh, and opening of the account by 26th January, 2015. PMJDY also enables account holders to check bank balances and transfer funds through their mobile phones.
Jan Dhan Yojana
The details of accounts opened until 4th January, 2017 under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana are as follows:
|Bank Name||Rural||Urban||Total||No. of Rupay Cards||Aadhaar Updated||Account Balances||Percentage of Zero Balance Accounts|
|Public Sector Bank||11.74||9.43||21.17||16.75||12.54||54507.02||25.08|
|Regional Rural Bank||3.86||0.61||4.47||3.36||2.26||12976.71||20.53|
All the above figures are in crores, and is tabulated on the basis of information submitted by SLBCs and banks.
Toll Free Numbers
In case of any queries related to the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, you can contact the PMJDY helpdesk at the following national toll-free numbers:
1800 11 0001
1800 180 1111
PMJDY Top Pages
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Zero Balance Account through PMJDY
- PMJDY Withdrawal
- PMJDY Benefits
- PMJDY Account Eligibility
- PMJDY Overdraft Facilities & Benefits
- Small Account or Chota Khata Account Under Jan Dhan Yojana
- Documents Required for Jan Dhan Yojana Account
- How to Open PMJDY Account for a Minor
PMJDY Other Pages
- How to Transfer Old Accounts Under PMJDY
- How Can You Contact PMJDY Team
- Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Ebasta Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan Dhan
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana