If you want to open a bank account under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana but don’t have the required documents, you can open a Small Account or Chota Khata Account under PMJDY for up to 12 months, and submit the documents within this time period.
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is a financial inclusion scheme offered by the government of India with an aim to ensure easy financial access to everyone at national level. The scheme would particularly benefit those categories of people who have failed to receive the benefits of various financial schemes offered by the government of India so far. The Government of India offers two bank accounts under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme which include Zero Balance Account and Small Account or Chota Khata Account.
How does a Small Account operate?
The Small Account is offered to those people who don’t have valid documents to open a bank account under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme. They can open a Small Account or Chota Khata account for a maximum period of 12 months. Before, the account expires 12 months, the account holder needs to submit all required documents including Aadhaar Card to protect the account firm being deactivated.
A Small Account is ideal for those subscribers who don’t have the relevant documents to open a bank account under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana scheme.
An account holder can deposit a maximum amount of Rs. 50,000 in this account. The maximum credit limit of this is Rs. 100,000. The account does not allow to withdraw more than Rs. 10,000 per month.
How to open a Small Account?
In order to open a Small Account, you need to approach your nearest bank listed under the PMJDY scheme. There, you can open a Small Account by submitting two photographs attested by you.
The Small Account offered under the PMJDY scheme can really help those people who cannot afford to open a regular savings account.
PMJDY Top Pages
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
- Application Form for Jan Dhan Yojana
- Zero Balance Account through PMJDY
- PMJDY Withdrawal
- PMJDY Benefits
- How to Open PMJDY Account for Minor
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Eligibility
- PMJDY Overdraft Facilities and Benefits
- Documents Required for Jan Dhan Yojana Account
PMJDY Other Pages
- How to Transfer Old Accounts Under PMJDY
- How Can You Contact PMJDY Team
- Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Ebasta Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan Dhan
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana