ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company was formed as a joint venture between ICICI Bank and Prudential Plc. The company offers a number of investment solutions and has a pan-India reach with a presence in more than 200 locations. As on 31 March 2018, ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company had an investor base of over 3 million investors.
ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund is an open-ended equity scheme that follows the infrastructure theme. The growth option under this fund reinvests the money that the fund would have otherwise paid out as dividends to investors. Thus, if an investor opts for the growth option, the concerned individual will not receive regular dividends from the fund. However, the growth option is ideal for investors who are looking to increase the net asset value of the fund and earn higher returns over time.
nvestment Objective of ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
By investing in equity-related and equity securities of companies that are a part of the infrastructure sector, this scheme aims to generate capital appreciation for investors. However, there is no guarantee that the investment objective will be met.
Key Features of ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
Certain significant features of this scheme are as follows:
|Type of fund||Open-ended equity scheme that follows the infrastructure theme|
|Options under each plan||Growth and Dividend options are available. Dividend Reinvestment and Dividend Payout sub-options are also provided. The default option is the Growth option and the default sub-option is Dividend Reinvestment|
|Systematic Investment Plan||Available|
|Systematic Transfer Plan||Available|
|Systematic Withdrawal Plan||Available|
Investment Amount for ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
|Minimum application amount||Rs.5,000 and in multiples of Re.1 thereafter|
|Minimum additional investment||Rs.1,000 and in multiples of Re.1 thereafter|
|Minimum installment for Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)||
|Minimum installment for Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP)||Rs.500 and in multiples of Re.1 thereafter *Note: The minimum instalments for quarterly and monthly frequencies is 2|
|Entry Load||Not applicable|
Asset Allocation for ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
|Instruments||Allocations (Percentage of total assets)||Risk Profile|
|Equity-related and equity securities of firms engaged in the infrastructure sector||100%||80%||High|
|Equity-related and equity securities of firms other than those that are a part of the infrastructure sector||20%||0%||Medium to High|
|Units of INVITs and REITs||10%||0%||Medium to High|
|Money market and debt instruments||20%||0%||Low to Medium|
Who can Invest in ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
The below-mentioned entities are eligible to subscribe to units of this scheme:
- Residents adults on a single or joint basis (not exceeding a total of four members)
- Bodies corporate, companies, association of persons, public sector undertakings, and registered societies
- Partnership firms
- Charitable/religious trusts
- Minors through their parents or guardians
- Financial institutions and banks
- Navy, air force, army, and other paramilitary funds
- Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs) through their Kartas
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) or Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) residing outside the country on a non-repatriation or full repatriation basis
- Industrial and scientific research organisations
- Foreign Portfolio Investors
- Any other institutions, individuals, bodies corporate, etc., as decided by the asset management company
- Mutual fund schemes
- Other investors that are displayed on the official website of the asset management company by the trustees
NAV Disclosure and Benchmark for ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
The net asset value of the units of this scheme will be calculated by dividing the net assets under the scheme by the overall number of units that are outstanding as on the valuation day. The formula to calculate the NAV of the units under this scheme is as follows:
NAV (in Rs.) = Market/Fair value of the scheme’s investments + current assets - current liabilities and provision/Number of units that are outstanding under the schemes
Since this scheme is open-ended, investors will be given the option to sell, redeem, or switch-out units on every business day at NAV-based prices. The benchmark index of this scheme is the Nifty Infrastructure Index.
ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth Fund Manager
As on 30 April 2018, Mr. Ihab Dalwai and Mr. Sankaran Naren are the fund managers of this scheme. Mr. Dalwai has been responsible for managing this fund since June 2017, while Mr. Naren has been managing this fund since December 2015. The fund manager for overseas investments of the schemes under this fund is Ms. Priyanka Khandelwal.
Investment Restrictions of ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
A few investment restrictions that apply to this scheme are as follows:
- This fund, under all of its schemes, cannot own over 10% of a company’s paid-up capital that carries voting rights.
- Investments can be transferred from one scheme to another within the same mutual fund, provided certain conditions are met.
- The scheme is permitted to invest in other scheme offered by the same asset management company or in other mutual funds without charging a fee.
- A mutual fund scheme will not invest over 10% of its net asset value in non-money market and money market instruments that are issued by a single issuer which is rated not below investment grade.
- A mutual fund scheme will not invest over 10% of its net asset in unrated debt instruments that are issued by a sole issuer.
- A mutual fund scheme cannot invest over 5% of its net asset value in unlisted equity-related instruments or equity shares in case of an open-ended scheme.
- The fund will not borrow unless to meet any liquidity needs that are of a temporary nature.
*Note: The above-mentioned list of investment restrictions is not exhaustive. The complete list of investment restrictions can be found in the Scheme Information Document.
Dividend Policy of ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
For the Growth option, the scheme will not offer dividend payouts to unitholders. The income earned will, instead, be reinvested into the scheme. This will be reflected in the NAV of the scheme. Thus, the growth option is suitable for those investors who are looking for capital appreciation and not just a source of regular income.
Other facilities under ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
- Systematic Investment Plan (SIP): A Systematic Investment Plan or SIP gives unitholders the option of investing specific sums of money on a periodic basis for a given tenure.
- SIP Top-Up Facility: Unitholders can opt for the SIP Top-Up Facility with the Variable Top-Up option or the Fixed Top-Up option to increase the SIP investment amount at certain intervals.
- SIP Plus Facility: The SIP Plus Facility is an optional feature that can be chosen by unitholders. If opted for, a group life insurance policy will also be provided to the unitholder by a life insurance firm.
- Systematic Withdrawal Plan: Investors can enrol themselves into the SWP if they wish to withdraw certain specific amounts of money each month from their investment in the scheme.
*Note: The complete list of special facilities that are offered to unitholders is mentioned in the Scheme Information Document.
Why you should Invest in ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth
Any individual who is looking for a financial product that will help them create long-term wealth should consider investing in the ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Fund – Growth. This high-risk scheme is ideal for investors who have a good appetite for market-linked risks and are interested in investing in firms or companies that belong to the infrastructure and other allied industries.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.