Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Mumbai, Motilal Oswal Securities Limited (MOSL) is a financial firm offering a wide range of financial services and products across the domains of institutional broking, investment banking, wealth management, asset management, commodity broking and private equity among many others. Consequently, Motilal Oswal Securities Limited has a well-diversified client base including high net worth retail customers, foreign institutional investors, mutual funds, corporate clients and several major financial institutions among others.
Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund
Motilal Oswal has been offering a slew of several innovative funds such as MOSt Shares M50 which was the country’s first fundamentally weighted ETF based on S&P CNX Nifty Index. M50 is an open-ended fundamentally weighted ETF which seeks returns corresponding to the performance of the MOSt 50 Basket.
Midcap 100 was India’s first Midcap ETF based on the CNX Midcap Index. Midcap 100 is an open ended Index Exchange Traded Fund which seeks results corresponding to the price performance. NASDAQ 100 was India’s first US equity ETF. NASDAQ 100 is an open ended Index Exchange Traded Fund which seeks investment returns corresponding to the performance of the NASDAQ-100 Index.
Motilal’s 10 year gilt fund, the country’s first fund to offer access to the 10 year benchmark G-sec . The MOSt 10 year gilt fund invests 90-100% in the 10 year benchmark G-sec and therefore accounts for nearly 50-60% of the daily trade. Lastly, MOSt Gold Shares was India’s first Gold ETF to convert ETF units into physical gold. The MOSt Gold Shares offer imported gold at a lower price by redeeming ETF Units for gold bars.
Types of Motilal Oswal Mutual Funds
MOSt Focused 25 Fund
Buy and hold about 25 quality large cap companies based on parameters such as longevity in terms of competition and growth in earnings among others.
MOSt Focused Midcap 30
Buy and hold about 30 midcap companies based on certain criteria such as earnings’ growth, quality and longevity.
MOSt Focused Multicap 35
Buy and hold about 35 companies based on parameters such as longevity, growth in earnings and quality.
MOSt Focused Long Term Fund
Buy and hold companies based on growth in earnings, quality and longevity. Also, you can save on taxes under section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Why choose Motilal Oswal Mutual Funds?
Motilal Oswal Mutual Funds offer several benefits to investors such as the following:
- Motilal Oswal follows the ‘Buy Right: Sit Tight’ mechanism wherein it buys quality companies at a reasonable price and makes investments for the long term to ensure optimum growth of the stocks.
- Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund offers a low churn portfolio to avoid loss of money due to excessive churning.
- Offers open ended equity mutual fund schemes sans exit loads for the benefit of long-term investors.
- Investors can enjoy the benefits of QGLP(Quality-Growth-Longevity-Price) test. All stocks are carefully examined through the prism of QGLP parameters. QGLP identifies stocks with high growth potential.
- Offers a highly concentrated portfolio so that the potential of high quality stocks is not jeopardized by the overall performance of the portfolio.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST rate of 18% applicable for all financial services effective July 1, 2017.