Pramerica and Pramerica Financial are trade names used by Prudential Financial, Inc.,(PFI) one of the largest financial services institutions incorporated in the United States. PFI is also the tenth largest institutional asset manager in the world and the second largest Insurance company in the USA.
PFI has over 47,000 employees serving across 41 countries worldwide including Asia and Latin America. Some of the key products and services offered by PFI include asset management, life insurance, mutual funds, securities brokerage services, annuities, retirement related investment among others. Prudential has hundreds of subsidiaries.
Pramerica Mutual Fund
Prudential Financial Inc is the sponsor of Pramerica Mutual Fund, which was constituted as a trust under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 and registered with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on May 13, 2010. Pramerica Asset Managers Private Limited, a private limited company, is the investment manager of Pramerica Mutual Fund.
Pramerica Trustees Private Limited, the trustee of Pramerica Mutual Fund ensures that the transactions by the AMC are in accordance with the SEBI Regulations, 1996. The AMC is a full service asset management company offering solutions for both (international and domestic) retail and institutional clients.
Types of Pramerica Mutual FundsEquity Funds
An equity fund is an open or closed-end fund which primarily invests in stocks, thereby allowing investors to buy a basket of stocks more easily than individual securities. The biggest advantages of equity funds are diversification and high returns.Debt Funds
Debt funds involve investment in fixed income securities such as bonds and treasury bills and are, therefore, suitable for investors who are averse to highly volatile equity markets. Debt funds provide a stable but low income compared to equity.
Why choose Pramerica Mutual Funds?
There are a number of reasons why this is a mutual fund of choice. Outlined below are some factors that make schemes offered under these funds a good investment choice.
- Capital appreciation for the long term vis-a-vis actively managed diversified portfolios of equity and related instruments.
- Investment in quality stocks which have a proven track record. The fund schemes offered strive to identify robust companies.
- Build a portfolio consisting of quality companies with viable debt levels and are, therefore, not highly leveraged.
- Identify opportunities ahead of markets and thereby generate higher returns.
- Investors can choose a large cap focused diversified equity fund supported by prudent risk management practices.
- Investors can choose a dynamic asset allocation fund wherein equity allocation is managed based on several parameters such as volatility, fundamentals and liquidity.
- Conservative investors can opt for liquid fund to benefit from high liquidity and accrual short term securities.
- Funds which provide an alternative to fixed maturity plans with the option to re-price portfolio based on the market conditions.
- Investors with a moderate risk appetite and a lump sum investment seeking for attractive returns can opt for a credit opportunities debt fund.
- Pramerica Mutual Fund (PMF) currently manages assets over Rs.2,000 crores and offers services that cater to ‘Responsible Investing’.
- PMF boasts of a good track record in the fixed income category.
- Investor-centric solutions which are innovative in terms of their structure.