India’s first dedicated, direct-to-investor mutual fund, Quantum mutual fund (29th mutual fund house in the country) offers several products aided by innovative financial tools for the benefit of investors. Ajit Dayal, founder director of Quantum Advisors Pvt Ltd, began the process of launching the fund around 25 years ago under the umbrella of Quantum Advisors, which is the sponsor and parent company of Quantum Asset Management Company and Quantum Mutual Fund. In December 2005, Quantum Asset Management Company Private Limited received the AMC licenses from SEBI. Quantum Trustee Co. Private Ltd is the trustee of Quantum Mutual Fund, which manages assets worth over Rs.500 crore.
Quantum Mutual Fund
Quantum Mutual Fund, which became operational in September 19, 2005, aims to be India’s premier investment management company by offering a systematic process for investors to utilize long-term investments across different asset classes. Quantum Mutual Fund subscribes to a ‘different’, as it were, style of functioning in that it does not adhere to a ‘commission paying style’ widely prevalent among other mutual fund houses in the country. A non-commission style of functioning is aimed at bringing in more transparency in terms of functioning, thereby obviating the need for distributors. Quantum Mutual Fund, is therefore, India’s first and only direct-to-investor mutual fund.
Types of Quantum Mutual Fund
- Fund of Funds
An open ended equity fund of funds scheme is aimed at long-term capital appreciation through investments in diversified equity schemes portfolio. Suitable for investors with a high risk appetite.
Exchange Traded Funds are primarily Index Funds traded on exchanges. An ETF has an underlying security or securities (index or commodities). Suitable for investors with a high risk appetite.
Funds invested in debt instruments and money market with a residual maturity of up to 91 days. Offers low to moderate levels of risk but high liquidity. Suitable for investors with a low risk appetite.
Investments in equity-related securities eligible for a tax deduction under section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961. ELSS schemes have a lock-in period of three years. Suitable for investors with a high risk appetite.
- A robust research and investment process to deliver long-term returns to investors.
- Provides investors several options to convert savings into wealth.
- Offers several simple products which are understable to investors.
- Listed on the NSE Mutual Fund Service System (MFSS) and BSE Star MF.
- Provides customers a platform to invest without any hassles at a low cost.
- Offers reliable standards of service. li>Does not follow traditional distribution routes often resulting in higher returns on investments under various schemes (subject to performance).
- Investment costs are kept as low as is feasible.
- Transparency in terms of the prevalent distribution system in the mutual fund sector for the benefit of investors.
- Offers stocks which are exposed to several sectors and based on parameters such as exports, and domestic consumption among others.
- In-house analyst expertise on different asset classes and across various sectors across India and the world.
- Strict adherence to buy and sell limits.
Why choose Quantum Mutual Fund?
Quantum Mutual Funds offers several benefits to investors.