UTI stands for Unit Trust of India, an Indian financial organization established under the UTI Act(1963.) passed by the Parliament of India. UTI was the only means of investing in the capital market by Indian citizens until Indian public sectors banks started offering mutual fund investments. Mutual funds offered by UTI provide medium to long term capital appreciation on your investments, and they come with fairly low risk of investment. The financial organization offers a balanced and well -diversified investment portfolio based on extensive market research to help you maintain a systematic asset allocation plan. UTI Mutual Fund has bagged many awards for offering innovative and steady return yielding mutual funds since its inception. In fact, UTI is the pioneer of the Indian mutual fund industry.
UTI Mutual Funds
Being the first mutual fund company in India, UTI offers some of the best types of mutual funds investing in which you can get assured returns on your investments. You can invest in UTI MFs at anytime from anywhere, and access your mutual fund account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year via UTI’s website and keep you updated about your investments. UTI MFs are trusted and innovative wealth creators and they are designed to best suit your investment needs. Resident Indian individuals, HUFs, minors (under the guidance of guardian/parents and NRIs – they all can invest in UTI Mutual Funds.
Types of Mutual Funds Offered by UTI:
UTI offers four different types of mutual funds which include Equity, Debt, Balanced and Speciality mutual funds:
- Equity Fund: It is a type of mutual fund that invests primarily in stocks is known as equity mutual fund. Under its Equity Funds, UTI offers Diversified Funds, Speciality / Theme Based Funds, Sector Funds, Tax Planning Funds, Arbitrage Fund, Pure Index Funds, Exchange Index Fund and ELSS.
- Debt Fund: Debt funds invest in fixed income instruments such as short or long-term bonds, securitized products etc. UTI MF offers the following debt funds - Segment Focused Funds, Liquid Funds, and Close Ended Funds.
- Balanced Fund: These are hybrid funds and they include stock and bond components in a single investment portfolio. Balanced Funds offered by UTI include Pure Balanced Funds, Segment Focused Funds, and Monthly Income Schemes.
- Speciality Fund: A speciality mutual fund invests primarily in the securities of a particular industry or geographical region. Under Speciality Mutual Funds, UTI offers only one scheme namely UTI - Gold Exchange Traded Fund.
Why Choose UTI Mutual Funds?
Given the number of benefits associated with UTI Mutual Funds, investing in them can be a wise step on your part. UTI MFs come with the following benefits and features:
- You can get tax benefits by investing in UTI Mutual Funds. UTI MFs offer a number of tax planning funds including UTI Equity Tax Savings Plan, UTI Equity Tax Savings Plan, UTI - Master Equity Plan Unit Scheme, UTI Long Term Advantage Series-I and UTI Long Term Advantage Series-II. The investment objective of these schemes is to provide medium to long term capital appreciation along with income tax benefits.
- UTI MFs provide consistent and stable returns on your investments for both short and long tenures.
- Scheme like UTI - Retirement Benefit Pension Fund Investment provides pension in the form of periodical income or cash flow to the scheme holders.
- You can access your UTI MF account at any time by visiting UTI’s official website and get to know the recent status of your investments.
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar’s partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.